any e46 M3 experts?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Unfortunately that didn't last long! I picked up the M3 on the Friday and was hit by a lorry on Monday. Insurance have just confirmed it's being written off :worried:

Gutted.

On the lookout for a replacement now. If anybody knows of a nice clean e92 M3 or similar let me know! Also considering a 911 or focus RS as a few left-field options.

Nightmare! As long you weren't hurt....cars are easily replaced!

Sorry to hear that.

Stebo

RMS Regular
OP
Stebo
Drives
Defender 110
Yea, well that's it - not too many people get a car written off by a lorry and walk away without a scratch. I took a good while to find the M3 I ended up with and was really pleased with it. It's a bit of a balls to start the search again.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
How did it happen?

I'll keep an ear out up this neck of the woods for a nice one.

Stebo

RMS Regular
OP
Stebo
Drives
Defender 110
I was over-taking a lorry and the driver drifted out into the middle of the road without checking his mirror. Hit the brakes to try to get back behind him but back right of lorry hit front left of my M3.

Maybe need a louder exhaust on next motor šŸ˜€

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Nasty that. Hopefully insurance offer what you paid for it, if it was a nice one, as the book probably starts at 10k for one now

Peter T2

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
that's a bummer, id be putting my money on a mk2 RS Focus ..... smiles per mile

Stebo

RMS Regular
OP
Stebo
Drives
Defender 110
Thankfully it looks like I will get back what I paid for it, but it doesn't cover the money spent on it, the likes of PMG's detail, etc.

You're right though, the book is about Ā£10k for them - it's only that I had bought it so recently that saved me getting screwed.

Think I'll be looking for an agreed value policy going forward!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Are the actuators the main problem with the E90 or is there anything else of similar seriousness?

Peter T2

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
shell bearing, that's why they'er cheap and dealers cant shift them on. you tube, take your pick from many many nightmares