Any electric car drivers on here?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Subscribed. I'm a combustion engine dinosaur but sitting doing the maths last week as wife has access to company car scheme, and with the BIK on EVs it's hard to argue against it. She's always taken the allowance and had her own personal car but cutting out the fuel, insurance and maintenance costs would be a good saving on top of the other EV incentives. Plus she can charge at work so minimal impact on our electric costs at home.

Go get a scoot in that EV6. Saw a white one at the weekend and it looked outstanding.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Passed a grey Q4 the other day too and must admit it looked right up her street, she likes modern Audis. Same as below

1642437744576.png

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Bit of feedback on the Mini SE -
Love it. I take it for the school run over the S3. It’s a very relaxed drive and at the same time has quite a turn of pace. The regenerative braking was annoying at first and I turned it off but have persevered with it and you can practically drive the car with one pedal. I end up playing the braking point game trying to judge the stopping distance. Downside to this is I forget to brake when I get into the S3!
Has a decent level of tech, ours is the L2 model (CarPlay etc) and is well put together. No rattles. The interior is a nice place to be (will get some pics). Have only been top up charging as I’m using the granny plug until we get the fast yoke fitted so hasn’t really been below 50% range. I keep it on normal with the occasional blast in sport and haven’t used the green mode yet as I like the heated seats and creature comforts too much. Realistic range in normal, cutting about in traffic, not giving any consideration to economy is about 95 miles. Not great range but suits our usage profile perfectly well.
One of the big pluses for the Mini is it drives like a Mini albeit in almost silence. I’m a convert. Still love the S3 but I’m very impressed with the Mini.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Good review on the Mini. I would agree it’s the relaxed silent drive that makes an EV so appealing and easy as an everyday car. Wouldn’t say rye Mini is a particularly quiet EV though as there is still a lot of road noise, you should try a real silent EV to compare.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Good review on the Mini. I would agree it’s the relaxed silent drive that makes an EV so appealing and easy as an everyday car. Wouldn’t say rye Mini is a particularly quiet EV though as there is still a lot of road noise, you should try a real silent EV to compare.
Compared to the 107 it’s silent 😂

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Bit of feedback on the Mini SE -
Love it. I take it for the school run over the S3. It’s a very relaxed drive and at the same time has quite a turn of pace. The regenerative braking was annoying at first and I turned it off but have persevered with it and you can practically drive the car with one pedal. I end up playing the braking point game trying to judge the stopping distance. Downside to this is I forget to brake when I get into the S3!
Has a decent level of tech, ours is the L2 model (CarPlay etc) and is well put together. No rattles. The interior is a nice place to be (will get some pics). Have only been top up charging as I’m using the granny plug until we get the fast yoke fitted so hasn’t really been below 50% range. I keep it on normal with the occasional blast in sport and haven’t used the green mode yet as I like the heated seats and creature comforts too much. Realistic range in normal, cutting about in traffic, not giving any consideration to economy is about 95 miles. Not great range but suits our usage profile perfectly well.
One of the big pluses for the Mini is it drives like a Mini albeit in almost silence. I’m a convert. Still love the S3 but I’m very impressed with the Mini.
Most people get to love the serenity and torque of an EV and don't want an ICE daily again. The Mini is great but for my needs too small in size and range

I really like the Leaf although I'd love more power and 4wd.........a Polestar or Taycan is my ideal daily car. I can't warm to Tesla's

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Most people get to love the serenity and torque of an EV and don't want an ICE daily again. The Mini is great but for my needs too small in size and range

I really like the Leaf although I'd love more power and 4wd.........a Polestar or Taycan is my ideal daily car. I can't warm to Tesla's
The Mini is the second car for us. Not big enough for the 3 of us and the pup. The range doesn’t suit me if I have to travel for work either as I’m in Belfast and our office is in Derry with live sites all over Ireland.
My plan is to keep the S3 for another 2 years then chop it and the Mini in for a bigger 4WD EV with better range and the daughter can drive the 107

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
The Mini is the second car for us. Not big enough for the 3 of us and the pup. The range doesn’t suit me if I have to travel for work either as I’m in Belfast and our office is in Derry with live sites all over Ireland.
My plan is to keep the S3 for another 2 years then chop it and the Mini in for a bigger 4WD EV with better range and the daughter can drive the 107
A 2 year car plan! I can't manage a 2 week car plan.

A few weeks ago I was looking a small vans, then crew cab vans, then pick ups, then back to small vans, then electric vans (they're in their infancy and expensive) ...........in recent days it's been defenders 😆

I can just manage with the Leafs range and boot for work so I know I should keep it and use it as a van

Last edited:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
C845E270-B8F7-4C8C-8E26-7BAE77756D20.png

Model S Plaid ordered 🙈🙈

Waiting list is over 2 years atm so will be the perfect time to change when it finally does arrive.

I bloody love my Model 3. I can’t see me ever driving an ICE car as my daily again. In fact I don’t even feel like I need a modern performance car so the M4 might go up the road for something old and daft and noisy with a gated manual box.

J-VW

RMS Regular
View attachment 347484

Model S Plaid ordered 🙈🙈

Waiting list is over 2 years atm so will be the perfect time to change when it finally does arrive.

I bloody love my Model 3. I can’t see me ever driving an ICE car as my daily again. In fact I don’t even feel like I need a modern performance car so the M4 might go up the road for something old and daft and noisy with a gated manual box.
Holy sh1t!!

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
View attachment 347484

Model S Plaid ordered 🙈🙈

What's the difference between it and the plaid?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos

Totally different car. Model 3 is Golf’ish size

Model S is 5 series size then the plaid is the bat **** fast one. 1000bhp 0-60 in 1.9secs lol I can’t even begin to imagine what that feels like as my model 3 is already the fastest launching thing I have ever driven lol

davyk31

RMS Regular
0 to 60 in 1.9 must be hilarious 😂

I totally get the EV thing and although we also have an M135i I am more likely to jump into the ID.3.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Old noisy stuff for fun, electric for every day grind - you've hit the right spot there :cool:

Watched you take off today, no point even trying to keep up 😅 😅 😅

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Warp speed
0 to 60 in 1.9 must be hilarious 😂

I totally get the EV thing and although we also have an M135i I am more likely to jump into the ID.3.

I don't think any tests have manged 1.9s. Just a really slow 2.1s lol

I'd wonder in a few years if more of such vehicles do appear...will governments reign them in, as it is crazy performance to offer just anyone to roll up and buy.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
As said when you daily one for a while there really is no going back to an ice daily especially if you sit in traffic a lot. The instant torque, smoothness and no gear change is hard to beat….still if your a petrol head you will need something that’s old, noisey and reeks of SUL…..as a plus you’ll probably be carbon neutral too, doing your bit for the planet n all that 😂

I get many a raised eyebrow when I tell people my weekender is a 1990’s impreza 🤔

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Model S Plaid ordered 🙈🙈

I don't follow Tesla very closely, is that still the same body style they have had from the start, or have they been updating the styling along the way?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They differ in size obviously between S and 3 and so on. But they all have the same basic Tesla form language. At least to me, I couldn't tell them apart on the road but I could instantly tell it's a Tesla. I'm sure the die hards can spot wee things here and there though.

Whether that's good or bad is a personal thing. All manufacturers do it, brand imaging and all that. You can instantly tell it's a BMW whether it's a 3 or a 5 or a 7 or whatever.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Agree, at a glance they look similar but to me, the S is a better looking car than the 3, and driver looks like they sit down "in" it more when viewed from the front.
Something about the 3 makes me think they are sitting on a toilet in there, but I know that sounds stupid, lol.
Unfortunately, I own neither of them. The Plaid looks the business.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
So is the Model S that Pete has ordered for 2024 visually the same as the Model S that came out in 2012? Or have they facelifted them along the way?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
So is the Model S that Pete has ordered for 2024 visually the same as the Model S that came out in 2012? Or have they facelifted them along the way?

The early ones are a bit rounder at the front.
IMG_20220123_205950.jpg

Last edited: