Any electric car drivers on here?

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Just talking about availability there, sales manager was telling me this week that 6 month old id.4s with a few thousand miles on them are selling for £2k more than what they cost new such is the demand and lack of availability at this moment in time. We have a rake of new 3s and 4s at Mays in Portadown ready to rock if there is any interest to anyone here.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Christ da nite that's impressive. It even outbreaks him when 4 up at the end. What a bargain of a car.

It really is !

But..is it really safe letting anyone out in a 1000hp car with so much potential...at what is a bargain price ?

Although from a racing point of view, I can imagine it would actually get boring racing a car ( drag strip ) that just does the exact same thing every single time. Many say GTR's are boringly quick, The Plaid could be the next level.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Careful with Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. I tried to get a Hyundai Kona the other day after selling the wife's car only to be told due to Brexit they won't finance Hyundai in NI. Other brands can be PCH'ed without issue but it 100% entirely depends on the underlying finance company. I'm going local instead. They couldn't tell me which brands can and cannot be financed in NI.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think that's a problem with the underlying finance companies rather than the lease company though.

It's the same with insurance with some underwriters no longer covering NI.

Brexit is working out great, isn't it?

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
You are 100% correct @svensktoppen they couldn't apologise enough - not ragging on them at all just letting people know to check that finance is available before they do it arse about face like myself and end up with a headache :grinning:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo

They've knocked £21.50 a month off the price of the Min-EV

48 months @ £226/ £1358 initial
5k miles

Up that the 12,500 a year and its around £277

For me that would work out well i think, at this rate i am spending £350 a month on petrol

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4

For me that would work out well i think, at this rate i am spending £350 a month on petrol

By the time you pay for a charger install and then the electricity you'll be no better off with an electric.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
We have about 8 months left on the four year lease on our Kia Soul EV. It’s only a 30kWh battery so the range isn’t great but again perfectly adequate for the types of journeys that it’s used for, with it averaging around 105 miles on a full charge.

Using night time E7 charging at home it works out at 388 miles per £10.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

We’ve ours ordered on PCP with Bavarian which works out more expensive than that lease but we wanted a bit more flexibility in case we wanted to change earlier than 4 years as the warranty is only 3 years. Things might move on and a newer, higher range (the minis weak point and a range) model may get released. I know the whole PCP trap is dear but we’ve a decent trade in so will only use part of it as a deposit. The rest can be thrown against the Mortgage or spent on Mexican beer. Owning an EV outright was never an option for us unlike our petrol cars.
Need to sort the charger install out. Looking at the EO Pro 2 as its discreet. Need to find a local installer now.

davyk31

RMS Regular
give us a breakdown of your calculations....

Would be interested in seeing this too as there is no question that an electric car is cheaper to run. Yes you may need to buy a charger but you can write that cost off over the life of a charger which may last a few cars.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
give us a breakdown of your calculations....

Best case scenario you change to Economy 7 which is about 10/11p per Kwh I believe so cost to fully charge that MINI will be about £3.50

The range on the MINI is quoted at 145 miles which you'll never achieve, when I got my Model 3 Tesla quoted a range of 330 miles I think it was, I would get between 200 (winter) and 280 (late spring/early autumn) in real life so I would estimate a real life range of 70-120 miles for the MINI. Take the average across the year as 95 miles for £3.50 and at 1300 miles a month averaged out across the year he will pay about £45/50 a month in electricity. CAR magazine could barely get 100 miles out of theirs and worked out their cost per mile over 6 months use at 4.6p so for 1300 miles this would actually be £60 a month.

£277 a month (47 months) for the lease plus 6 months upfront at £1666 so across 48 months its actually £305 per month. So you'd be lucky to be breaking even with £350 every month and you haven't allowed anything for a charger install.

@Boydie owns his car so there's no finance on that side to tip the scales, if you want to get very accurate you could factor something in for depreciation and some maintenance on the S3.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
My thinking is it would replace Touareg diesel and Touareg tax.

Charger is £699 installed/48 = £14.56/month
Electricity (using the maybe bias Mini site) = £31.80/month
Car = £306.61/month

£352.97

Diesel = £300 a month
Tax = £26.25 a month

£326.25

Only real advantage would be to take the car sale money and clear off some other debt/mortgage payment.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Ha my man maths worked completely different.

Mine was I spend about £120-150 a week on petrol on the M4, that’s about half the car payment, so it’s saving me against what I was prepared to spend on the monthlies 😂

Mine was more about justifying the reason I could allow myself to get one 😂

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Ha my man maths worked completely different.

Mine was I spend about £120-150 a week on petrol on the M4, that’s about half the car payment, so it’s saving me against what I was prepared to spend on the monthlies 😂

Mine was more about justifying the reason I could allow myself to get one 😂

The thing about man maths is it doesn't actually have to add up!

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Best case scenario you change to Economy 7 which is about 10/11p per Kwh I believe so cost to fully charge that MINI will be about £3.50

The range on the MINI is quoted at 145 miles which you'll never achieve, when I got my Model 3 Tesla quoted a range of 330 miles I think it was, I would get between 200 (winter) and 280 (late spring/early autumn) in real life so I would estimate a real life range of 70-120 miles for the MINI. Take the average across the year as 95 miles for £3.50 and at 1300 miles a month averaged out across the year he will pay about £45/50 a month in electricity. CAR magazine could barely get 100 miles out of theirs and worked out their cost per mile over 6 months use at 4.6p so for 1300 miles this would actually be £60 a month.

£277 a month (47 months) for the lease plus 6 months upfront at £1666 so across 48 months its actually £305 per month. So you'd be lucky to be breaking even with £350 every month and you haven't allowed anything for a charger install.

@Boydie owns his car so there's no finance on that side to tip the scales, if you want to get very accurate you could factor something in for depreciation and some maintenance on the S3.

It wasn't clear you were working on a complete cost of ownership. Boydie just said he was spending £350/month on petrol. There is no question based on that information alone the running costs would be lower, even factoring in the cost of charger installation.

richie_mck

RMS Regular

They've knocked £21.50 a month off the price of the Min-EV

48 months @ £226/ £1358 initial
5k miles

Central vehicle sales have a deal that works out cheaper again by £20/month

734AC138-DA0C-4B65-805A-78466E694EF3.jpeg

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
I was offered close to what I paid for my E Golf a year ago by a dealer and after 20k miles; of course the problem is buying the next one as they have all gone up!