Any good deals for the upcoming grass cutting season

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
just wonder any good deals or discounts or group offering on new lawnmowers with spring coming up soon.
I have a electric one that I could possibly upgrade. To something petrol. Possibly with roller. What options have ya :grinning:

Last edited:

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Plenty of mowers in stock and can certainly work something out. Roller is nice but it really adds to the price. Would you need power drive? I find the cobra rollers to be the best quality while not getting too expensive. There will be a few quid off the cobra promo price.

Cobra Rear Roller Range Lawnmowers

If you don't need a roller the Al-ko 42.5 special is a cracking machine for the money with great wet weather collection, 5 year warranty and a mulch plug. Coming in at around £219 in stock.

AL-KO Highline 42.7 P-A Petrol Lawn Mower AL-KO Garden + Hobby

just wonder any good deals or discounts or group offering on new lawnmowers with spring coming up soon.
I have a electric one that I could possibly upgrade. To something petrol. Possibly with roller. What options have ya :grinning:

crippyc

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf Mk 5
Plenty of mowers in stock and can certainly work something out. Roller is nice but it really adds to the price. Would you need power drive? I find the cobra rollers to be the best quality while not getting too expensive. There will be a few quid off the cobra promo price.

Cobra Rear Roller Range Lawnmowers

If you don't need a roller the Al-ko 42.5 special is a cracking machine for the money with great wet weather collection, 5 year warranty and a mulch plug. Coming in at around £219 in stock.

AL-KO Highline 42.7 P-A Petrol Lawn Mower AL-KO Garden + Hobby

Whats the AL-KO electric mowers like? A lady in work in looking a new mower, would these be much use? And would you have any in stock?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Whats the AL-KO electric mowers like? A lady in work in looking a new mower, would these be much use? And would you have any in stock?

Very good quality. We've yet to have a return on one. We've the 34e models in stock, the 40e due next week.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Need a good petrol mower, self-drive, at least 50cm cutting width (have a half acre garden :/ ) and a decent sized grass box

any recommendations?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Need a good petrol mower, self-drive, at least 50cm cutting width (have a half acre garden :/ ) and a decent sized grass box

any recommendations?

The alko is hard to beat. The 21" one is £399 I'll see if I can do anything. Great in the wet, made in Austria, 5 year warranty etc etc. They win every award going.
We do cheaper e.g. 21" mtx power drive £275 and we do more professional depending on budget/needs.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Got a great Alko mower from Simon a few days ago....had the misfortune to have to cut the grass on Sunday. Worked a treat though, far better than the scrap I had before !

Although I'm still minded that spraying Gallup360 will kill the entire lot saving lots of work !

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Thanks for the tip on the AlKo @lightning

picked one up from Wilsons today, first time there and looks to be a well run outfit!

Attachments

• IMG_3476.JPG
    IMG_3476.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 183

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Thanks for the tip on the AlKo @lightning

picked one up from Wilsons today, first time there and looks to be a well run outfit!

Simon is a gentleman to deal with. They're just over 30 miles from me, and I pass about half a dozen other garden equipment suppliers and hardware places to get to them (including 1 literally a quarter mile up the road from me) but find it very worth while taking the trip up given the variety of their stock and great deals they do. Customer service is key (y)

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Simon is a gentleman to deal with. They're just over 30 miles from me, and I pass about half a dozen other garden equipment suppliers and hardware places to get to them (including 1 literally a quarter mile up the road from me) but find it very worth while taking the trip up given the variety of their stock and great deals they do. Customer service is key (y)

Nickky I think i've turned you into a lawnmower addict. About 3 tractors and 2 walk behinds since Christmas between yous? :cool:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Nickky I think i've turned you into a lawnmower addict. About 3 tractors and 2 walk behinds since Christmas between yous? :cool:

Not to mention the Mitox strimmer and the cordless Alko strimmer, and I'm nowhere near done yet. Need a hedge trimmer now too, and a few attachments for the back end of the new ride on (y)

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
@lightning

Need a lawnmower for the new house, small garden really but needs to be petrol as I can’t deal with electric mowers

What do you have? Want something decent quality as I bought a £100 B&Q special a few years ago did our rented house and it was awful.

I’m in England though so could you post or would that add too much to the cost?

andy_b

RMS Regular
@lightning

Need a lawnmower for the new house, small garden really but needs to be petrol as I can’t deal with electric mowers

What do you have? Want something decent quality as I bought a £100 B&Q special a few years ago did our rented house and it was awful.

Were abouts in England? I be in it every week if it was somewhere close to were I be I would have no problem bringing it out

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning

I'd recommend the Al-ko 42.7 p a if you want quality but small. Worst case it will be £219 inc postage to England. In stock.

AL-KO Highline 42.7 P-A Petrol Lawn Mower | AL-KO Gardentech

This machine is built in Austria and is superb, but they are launching a range of cheaper machines presumably made in the far east in the spring, will be ok as they're being made in their own factory but wont have an idea of pricing for a while yet.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
I'd recommend the Al-ko 42.7 p a if you want quality but small. Worst case it will be £219 inc postage to England. In stock.

AL-KO Highline 42.7 P-A Petrol Lawn Mower | AL-KO Gardentech

This machine is built in Austria and is superb, but they are launching a range of cheaper machines presumably made in the far east in the spring, will be ok as they're being made in their own factory but wont have an idea of pricing for a while yet.

Sounds good, what’s the easiest way to sort payment?

hanrysmith

Drives
HONDA
I snapped up another lawn mower today as it was selling for a good price, I intend to sell the previous one this summer. This new one is a Qualcast Classic 43S with 17" blade...

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
What's the recommendations for this season? I need a petrol mower. Area approx 12m x 10m at the back and maybe half of that at the front of the house.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.