Any good deals for the upcoming grass cutting season

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
What's the recommendations for this season? I need a petrol mower. Area approx 12m x 10m at the back and maybe half of that at the front of the house.

You wont need a massive one, the one linked previously is the Alko 42.7, good machine, made in Austria, 5 years warranty, good in the wet. Its up to £249 this year, I may have a couple left in the warehouse I can do at last years price of £219. Alko have a cheaper range coming this year too made in the far easy, but will be May till we see them.

This is the Austrian one.

al-ko-highline-42-7-p-a-petrol-lawnmower.html

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
You wont need a massive one, the one linked previously is the Alko 42.7, good machine, made in Austria, 5 years warranty, good in the wet. Its up to £249 this year, I may have a couple left in the warehouse I can do at last years price of £219. Alko have a cheaper range coming this year too made in the far easy, but will be May till we see them.

This is the Austrian one.

al-ko-highline-42-7-p-a-petrol-lawnmower.html
If you have some in the warehouse, stick my name on one and I will collect in the next week or two. Usually passing with work fairly regularly. Who should I ask for?

RsImp

RMS Regular

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Cheers Simon. Budget around £250 so that’s not far away. Are you working tonight if I take a race up for a look?
I might take two of them if they are the job

Thanks and hope the 2 mowers do the job, sorry it was so crazy busy tonight!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
@lightning

What’s the latest pricing/recommended for self driver petrol mower?

Thinking of one for the folks for quite a large area of garden so decent width?

Last edited:

c_rad

RMS Regular
What’s the latest pricing/recommended for self driver petrol mower?

Thinking of one for the folks for quite a large area of garden so decent width?

Weibang mowers in stock, Quality mower and 20" + deck size available.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Any notion on prices and models?

I’d recommend the Alko as the best all round machine. The biggest deck is the 21”. They do a cheaper one called the 5.1 easy at £319 but budget depending the 51.8 sp a would be my choice, has the max airflow deck which is superb in wet grass, solid box and Alko’s 5 year warranty. It’s £449 in power drive, there’s options to fit Honda engines, key start systems, variable speed drive etc, all in stock.

We also do weibang in a commercial 22” shaft drive at £619, and we have the pro honda shaft drives at £1100, the cobra and the Greenhill, too many to go into detail on here but I’m sure we’ll get you fixed up with something decent with a bit of Rms discount (y)

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
@lightning - looking something for not a massive section of grass - however it is quite think/silage like at the back. What would you have in stock petrol wise that can tackle damp grass and leave a nice clean finish without lots of cut wet clumps left behind?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
I’d recommend the Alko as the best all round machine. The biggest deck is the 21”. They do a cheaper one called the 5.1 easy at £319 but budget depending the 51.8 sp a would be my choice, has the max airflow deck which is superb in wet grass, solid box and Alko’s 5 year warranty. It’s £449 in power drive, there’s options to fit Honda engines, key start systems, variable speed drive etc, all in stock.

We also do weibang in a commercial 22” shaft drive at £619, and we have the pro honda shaft drives at £1100, the cobra and the Greenhill, too many to go into detail on here but I’m sure we’ll get you fixed up with something decent with a bit of Rms discount (y)
Okies ta

Budget would prob fit more towards the 5.1 around the £319 it’ll be a present for the old man who’s struggling with the old harry push one and size of the garden.

Very rare would he ever cut grass when it’s damp or wet

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning - looking something for not a massive section of grass - however it is quite think/silage like at the back. What would you have in stock petrol wise that can tackle damp grass and leave a nice clean finish without lots of cut wet clumps left behind?

Again I’d always recommend the Alko especially for wet conditions as they’re made in Austria where the conditions are similar to ours. What the approx budget? They run from £189 to £1099. Do you want power drive on it?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Okies ta

Budget would prob fit more towards the 5.1 around the £319 it’ll be a present for the old man who’s struggling with the old harry push one and size of the garden.

Very rare would he ever cut grass when it’s damp or wet

Should have plenty in stock, there is an 18” self drive version for £269 also.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.