Any good sources for cardboard boxes for moving with?

pablo

RMS Moderator
Need a ton so happy to buy them vs picking up 1s and 2s from shops etc.

Amazon ones seem not too bad (£23 for 10) but any better (local?) sources?

Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073V6MQWL/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3IGCAX4OXJ32U

88.5 Litre, 44.5 x 44.5 x 44.5 cm (10 Pack)

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
most of those self storage places sell boxes. When we moved, I got a load of computer boxes from work as they were big and strong.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Where are you? I have a load of ones I got from a mates business to move house at the start of the year. They are flat packed in the attic at the minute but you're welcome to them? I'm in Ballymoney.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
yeah I could pick them up ok. Not in a massive hurry so some weekend that suited I could take a run up (excuse to buy some stuff off @Woodcutter)

happy to throw some beer tokens your way.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
haha of course, aye Ill do that sure.

thanks for the offer @NickR85 but probably handier logistically to grab some off Graeme

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
yeah I could pick them up ok. Not in a massive hurry so some weekend that suited I could take a run up (excuse to buy some stuff off @Woodcutter)

happy to throw some beer tokens your way.
They didnt even cost me beer tokens so you're welcome to them for nothing (y)

I'm sure @Woodcutter wont mind relieveing you of some tokens for goodies in the shop though :joy:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
If you know anyone on the army, they will likely have access to amazing ones, that's what we have used the two times we've moved

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@pablo I got mine from ARCO in Mallusk when I was moving. Quite reasonable price wise if I recall

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I get boxes from Fyfe's in Bangor they always have loads, bound to be one near you and I'm sure they would give you them, usually decent thick ones too

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
You can always call into a Tesco and ask them to hold over the deep banana boxes. They go through loads in a day. Cover the hole in the bottom and they are good solid boxes. You do need to ask for them to be held over as they have to flat pack them these days for recycling.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Big rolls of bubble wrap on eBay for not a lot of cash. Buy plenty as you can go through it quickly

Lexx

RMS Regular
Drives
German Scrap
@pablo Doing a big install atm in belfast, nice sized printer boxes with handles and boxes for lower tray units about half the size, threw 20 PC boxes out today, will be available tomorrow from 7:30am until they are disposed of

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Does this place in Mallusk not sell them ?

Or contact some moving companies ? They might sell as well ?

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Homebase seem to have a new range of “moving boxes”, probably cost a fortune though. While you’re there you can hunt some free ones anyway. Like I do.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
@pablo Doing a big install atm in belfast, nice sized printer boxes with handles and boxes for lower tray units about half the size, threw 20 PC boxes out today, will be available tomorrow from 7:30am until they are disposed of

totally missed this dude :worried:

@KevM - amazon do 100m of bubblewrap for a tenner

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Folks, I'm looking a postal box for a tripod, hence long & narrow. Anything out there?