Any independents on the north coast/Antrim/Ballymena who have ODIS-E access to do a cluster swap?

61_Vert

RMS Regular
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
I'm looking for an independent garage with ODIS-E access to code the basics of a regular cluster swap? I believe i need to code the keys, the ABS and the steering angle sensors?

its a Skoda Octy 5e, so basically a Golf GTD dressed like a hearse.

Darren91

RMS Regular
Long gone are the days of Vag commander.

You do know you won’t be able to change your mileage on the replacement cluster? I assume you’re adding VC?

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
yes thats correct, (you can if its a new cluster) this is a virtual cockpit from a 2018 model. there isnt anyone on the north coast with ODIS-E it seems.

Darren91

RMS Regular
yes ofc, (you can if its a new cluster) this is a virtual cockpit from a 2018 model. there isnt anyone on the north coast with ODIS-E it seems.

JW Service Centre in Coleraine, Walsh Motors in Belfast do as do any dealer however alot of independents won’t want to do it nor will they know how to, this includes dealers.

Luckily I had VC retrofitted without any issues.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
JW Service Centre in Coleraine do as do any dealer however alot of independents won’t want to do it nor will they know how to, this includes dealers.

Luckily I had VC retrofitted without any issues.
JW away until tuesday, and the guy who answered didnt seem arsed at all... kind of put me off. its a 30 min job apparently. worth it though...

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
It's a 30 min job IF you know how to do it ;) pity it takes about £3k of software and licensing to do it :joy::joy:
more than willing to pay the going rate, i never said i wasnt?:neutral:

i work in IT management so i know the value of software and licensing

Last edited:

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
I think you're totally misunderstanding my comment, I never mentioned about you paying for anything.... I'm just pointing out why the lack of ODIS among independent garages.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
fair enough, i thought all the similies were a hint of sarcasm, apologies:relieved:

anyone been to a skoda dealer and would have an idea of odis costs? like CP removal?