Any motor trade policies covering imports?

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Anyone know any motor trade providers taking on new policies which cover personally owned imports?

Was with CIP for years, policy laped a few months ago and they have done away with personal imports now so wont cover my 2nd car

And yes... If you had a policy with cip and renewed you will still have import cover, however, since my policy lapsed a few months ago due to health reasons, they wont cover it now after being with them for 5 years.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Imports are a bolt on module to your traders policy like everything else the price goes up, trade isurance has tightened up, I dont know your circumstances but you need to be a legitmate trader/associated with the industry. You may be asked to provide invoices as proof if an accident should happen. Just a heads up

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Imports are a bolt on module to your traders policy like everything else the price goes up, trade isurance has tightened up, I dont know your circumstances but you need to be a legitmate trader/associated with the industry. You may be asked to provide invoices as proof if an accident should happen. Just a heads up

As said, had trade insurance for 5 years due to unfortunately being a mechanic... Im not getting trade just to insure an import but having an import as a personal car means it needs to be covered.

AndyG

RMS Regular
When did CIP stop doing imports? I still have an import on my policy although it was renewed last August

RevT

RMS Regular
When did CIP stop doing imports? I still have an import on my policy although it was renewed last August

Seems to be new customers more than anything and Jimmy said that the underwriters will deal with each case individually so could still work out anyway as long as they are happy with everything as a whole.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
I couldn’t get my glanza covered with a trade policy with either cip or abbeybondlovis few months back.
As said existing customers seem to be fine it’s only for new ones. I also think it changes when you reach a certain age too. Not 100% sure what but I’ve got 31 in my mind

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
things have deffo got a lot tighter within the industry. From what i can deduce if you were covered there is no big issue, if you are a new or existing policy holder with no import cover you are going to struggle. My conclusion would be imports are making serious coin, especially the older stuff, hence a reluctance to cover them

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I couldn’t get my glanza covered with a trade policy with either cip or abbeybondlovis few months back.
As said existing customers seem to be fine it’s only for new ones. I also think it changes when you reach a certain age too. Not 100% sure what but I’ve got 31 in my mind

We had to swap to CIP as despite me driving m3’s since I was a cub on our policy, all of a sudden we were notified I wasn’t eligible to drive the e36 m3 we had named on the policy until I turned 31.......

My old man told me he got a phone call telling him this, I thought he was joking and took a few weeks for me to realise he wasn’t taking the hand lol

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
aye they have tightened up rightly jimbo shame you let it lapse too, could you not sell me it and I will sell you a nice uk covers under trade policy megane?

you could try few English companies or renew with cip and have a Adrian flux policy / classic for the liner would be more expensive but least your covered