Any Toyota / Lexus know it all's?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
What can anyone tell me about these? GS300 Twin turbo. Is this a supra engine?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 83

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
Looks like it is the same engine.

The GS as we know it is called the Aristo in Japan.

There are two main variants the S300 and the V300.

The S300 is like the UK GS300 with the 2JZ-GE engine putting out around 220bhp.

The V300 is the twin turbo 2JZ-GTE engine putting out 280bhp (although probably nearer 300bhp).

Both the S300 and the V300 are available in standard form and the Vertex (some people incorrectly call it the Vortex). This is a higher spec model so you get a rear spoiler, HIDs, maybe bigger wheels etc. The V300 Vertex also gets active rear wheel steering.

The S300 is also available in Walnut Package which is like the Vertex model + wood trim interior.

Leather interior, sunroof and uprated stereos are options on all models.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Yep its the supra engine indeed - saw several of these at the JAE last year.

Andy

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
OP
RMS_CLK
Ive seen a fully loaded one and im very tempted. They can be picked up for a very reasonable price. The guy im supposed to be buying the gti-r off is unobtainable, so if i dont hear back from him one of these could be on the cards. Does anyone know if they come with a LSD? How did you like them Andy?

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
No I'm pretty sure it's an open diff ( it might have a Torsen diff), but you can get and after market LSD - or an LSD out of a MKIV Supra may fit.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.