Anyone after some cheap turbo motors?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
you'd think that but there's nothing dodgy about the prices, you pick up cars over there cheap as chips

and 5k a year is average miles for them!

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
indeed cars r cheap in the isle of man was nearly goin to buy one not so long ago while over on hols

Lexx

RMS Regular
Drives
German Scrap
Whats the craic re bringing it back, just a case or reregistering it in NI or are there any fees involved, im over there quite a bit, could fly over drive back, but afaik the ferry only runs in the summer months.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
isle of man is its own country afaik notin to do with the uk tho gambit could tell u more as i think he is from there r else he has lived there for a while

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
the isle of man is part of the uk, but has it's own residency if you know what i mean, they have there own style plates and all, they can be driven on our roads, but if owned by someone constantly driving on our roads, they need re registered to our plates, which the dvla will do for free, same as getting an english registered car changet to ni plates is free, so that aint a problem!

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
the cars need re-registered and MOT'd (stacks of chance getting an MOT date!!)

Bibby box - never knew they done it for free though?? are you certain?

but you can run manx plates up until the current manx tax on the car runs out

so ideally you could tax the car over there for a year (£80 odd quid flat rate) then run it over here for a year no probs - that what im doing at the mo - plus you get to run cool black & silver plates!!

if the car hasnt been taxed over there for 2 or 3 years then it needs re-tested to be on manx roads -so stay away from things like these

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
things like the rs turbo and the sapphire obviously arent in good condition...altho we should all mission over and buy them all for cheap cheap..

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
just on the cossie, its problems are......

straight from horses mouth...

"It needs the boot sprayed as i've just bought a new one (other was rusty), its got a ding on the front drivers wing, and needs new front drive shafts.

Could do with the front bumper spayed but isn't too bad, and some new tappets"

D.T.T.B.

RMS Regular
Drives
celica gt4 st185
as far as i know you need an I.O.M. sva cert when you bring one in from there. saw it on a site when i was helping gill sort her supra out the other day....theres a sva for japananese imports european imports and I.O.M. imports...depending on wot car i think.

Dermot

Im Confused ... I thought the Isle of man was part of the UK...?

Meaning that it would be just as handy to bring a car in from it and it would be from England ? Same with Jersey?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Dermot said:
Meaning that it would be just as handy to bring a car in from it and it would be from England ? Same with Jersey?

was just thinking that. they have those crazy "J12345" plates thoguh :?

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
its very easy to get your hands on a set of drive shafts for a cosworth,boys on the ford forums would probably give you them for free...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.