Anyone buy from copart?

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Im interested in buying a car from the copart website auctions but wondered if anyone else has done it?
Is it trade only?

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Yes it is, ID and registration fee required and that takes a couple of weeks to sort out before you can buy.

Ollie

RMS Regular
Bump.

Can Joe Public register and bid?
Is viewing allowed?
Whats the process with buying from other depots? Can i just send a lorry/ van to pick stuff up?

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Yeah a few friends of mine have accounts and can buy once without registering (or atleast used to be able to) could view in Saintfield and I collect from there regularly :p

andy_b

RMS Regular
We collect In all the depots across the water, pretty simple process to register and bid..to view you have to book an appointment as far as I know, they are the most hateful c*nts to deal with and charge xtra fees for any possible excuse

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
As Andy said about can be hit or miss. Fella I worked with got from them regularly. Worst is when they load on to the lorry few bumpers and radiators smashed and bits but she's loaded, she's gone type attitude.

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Friend of mine bought an M3 off them. Wasn't too impressed when they brought it to the pick up point on the forks of a telescopic...