Anyone have any decent subs hidden away?

-Pete-

RMS Regular
As per title, seem to be very thin on the ground for second hand stuff these days but I'm sure people have their old kit tucked away somewhere in the garage or the attic.

There was tons of good stuff here and in the rest of the UK years ago, but it can't all be blown up or skipped surely.

Has anyone got a JL audio or phoenix gold or image dynamics sub hiding somewhere? or any other upper level brand stuff? I remember selling a mk1 jl audio 12w6 to a guy on the forum but can't remember who.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I’ve a set of Diamond Audio components I would part with. Let me know if they’re of any interest and I’ll get pics and specs.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
thanks nicky but its just a sub/s im after right now. got my amps and comps sorted okay.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I have loads of old stuff, it's all in daily use though. New car audio stuff just isn't built the way it was in the 90's. I currently run a Kenwood 4ch, Phoenix gold EQ, and Pioneer PRS monoblock, all of which must be 20 years old. Head unit is a flip out Kenwood jobbie which must be 10 years old I have a set of Alpine type R components in a drawer and the only reason they are not fitted is because they will not fit in the Focus

11-medium-jpg.243622

sdc10116-medium-jpg.240349

I had to retire my MTX sub and replace it with a Hertz as the foam all rotted and fell into the box. I think you can refoam them if anyone wants to give it a go they can have it FOC, other wise its headed to the recycling center next week

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
which mtx is it? i dont mind having a go at the refoam, provided a kit is even available. I'm a bit wary of older subs with the foam surround for this reason as they dont hold up so well with age versus the rubber surround. Also seems hard to know what decent subs are there now with so many new brands on the scene . JL are still up there but the w6/w7 seem to cost a fortune now!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
which mtx is it? i dont mind having a go at the refoam, provided a kit is even available. I'm a bit wary of older subs with the foam surround for this reason as they dont hold up so well with age versus the rubber surround. Also seems hard to know what decent subs are there now with so many new brands on the scene . JL are still up there but the w6/w7 seem to cost a fortune now!

It's still in the boot build in the garage I will check for you tomorrow. If you did go new I have been very impressed with Hertz brand I fitted this sub to the ST

67079558_2592154760796130_2772635718688702464_n.jpg

Also if you are interested I still have a box for a 12" sub that was in my Fiesta if you are interested

ZETEC_BO.JPG

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I think I'm letting go of my Focal Polyglass 33, very little use, spent more time out of the car than in it. Or a big pair of nasty MTX 15's?