Anyone here able to recon/rebuild a 2.0CDTI Vivaro engine? Or know of anyone?

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
As title says, I’m needing a 2.0 CDTI Vivaro engine reconditioned. Figured it’s a better route forward than just dropping in an unknown.

Anyone able to do this or know if anyone?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Smiths are totally out of the engine game now, they are machining aircraft and rail parts etc.
Byre engineering are my go to for engine work now. There are others around of course.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
Out of curiosity, what's the issue with it? Might help with a recommendation. We had a couple of guys in work with Insignias with presumably the same engine and they all gave oil pressure issues. There's a seal on the pickup tube that goes hard and lets air past, thus less vacuum to lift oil from the sump. If it's early, it might be saveable with a new seal.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Out of curiosity, what's the issue with it? Might help with a recommendation. We had a couple of guys in work with Insignias with presumably the same engine and they all gave oil pressure issues. There's a seal on the pickup tube that goes hard and lets air past, thus less vacuum to lift oil from the sump. If it's early, it might be saveable with a new seal.
As its a Vivaro I'd guess it's the Renault DCi POS? Have heard of that being am issue in the Insignia, strange it didn't effect the rest of the range, or at least I never heard of it.