anyone know about Peugeot 306 diesels ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davidcoutts

Drives
Navara, Saxo VTR
See pics below, its a 1999 Peugeot 306 diesel (non-turbo) van........is there supposed to be a fuel filter housing c/w filter here some where ? Im sure it should be fitted where the green/white plastic unions are ?

030310pics010.jpg

030310pics016.jpg

030310pics013.jpg

Also, what about these pipes here....why would they have been cut & joined at the jubilee clips ???

030310pics015.jpg

We just bought the van & would like to get it DOE'd so we can get the cheaper tax but obviously we'll need the fuel filter.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
David

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
fuel filter will be underneath the body, those green and white unions were the same on my 306.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
and the pipe looks like the pipe leading to the matrix has burst, nothing to worry about :grinning:

davidcoutts

OP
D
Drives
Navara, Saxo VTR
fuel filter will be underneath the body, those green and white unions were the same on my 306.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

where abouts under the body should the filter be ? Back beside the fuel tank somewhere ?

Cheers,
David

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
driver side, sort of under the sill, between edge of drivers door and rear wheel, was on my 306 (Petrol)

Yogi

RMS Regular
Right hand side of the engine at the front, black plastic bowl and lid held on with 4 x Allen head bolts, beside dip stick??

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Right hand side of the engine at the front, black plastic bowl and lid held on with 4 x Allen head bolts, beside dip stick??

infact, thinking back to our 1.9d Berlingo this sounds right.

davidcoutts

OP
D
Drives
Navara, Saxo VTR
so....looking at the pics below...the filter should be on the right hand side of the engine bay....maybe where you see the 2x studs sticking out ?

030310pics017.jpg

030310pics018.jpg

davidcoutts

OP
D
Drives
Navara, Saxo VTR
Thanks for that.......is there a filter cartridge sort of thing in there or what ?

So...the green & white unions on the left hand side of the engine are quite normal then ?

Cheers,
David

davidcoutts

OP
D
Drives
Navara, Saxo VTR
On the tax book the engine cc's are 1868cc & the engine number starts DXAK

Does that help any ?

Cheers,
David

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yeah, there is a paper filter cartridge in there.

The clip around it can be fiddly to get back on at times, I lost the head with it the first time I changed one on the DW8 engine. Why they changed them from the allen keys on the older XUD I'll never know!

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Thanks for that.......is there a filter cartridge sort of thing in there or what ?

So...the green & white unions on the left hand side of the engine are quite normal then ?

Cheers,
David

Same fast release unions on loads of them, including the v6 in my BX

davidcoutts

OP
D
Drives
Navara, Saxo VTR
Same fast release unions on loads of them, including the v6 in my BX

Thats what I thought, fast release unions....but why have they been joined with 2x short pieces of rubber hose ? Is this factory fitted ?

Cheers,
David

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Ah right, no - never looked at that!

There should be a primer hand pump there I think. Might be somewhere else though, thats where it is on some of the older XUDs at least

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Ah right, no - never looked at that!

There should be a primer hand pump there I think. Might be somewhere else though, thats where it is on some of the older XUDs at least

Where you have marked with the red arrow is the fuel filter.

And as you say, should be like a ball pump primer about somewhere. and also there will be like a bleed valve on the pump.

So when you change the fliter, just fill the resovoir up with clean diesel as you pop the new filter in, should help minimise the air lock.

And think its it like an 8/11mm spanner needed to loosed the bleed nipple on the pump. Spo when you go to start she will basically bleed her self, just open the nipple let air out.

RCT

RMS Regular
The black round plunger beside the fuel filter housing is the primer on those dw8 engines. Just press down on it in to prime it(y).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.