Anyone know this R32

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
From Lisburn direction, says there's 55k on it, can't get the reg to show up on any checks including MOT history check and I'm not able to get a look at it til Monday as it's having MOT work done......

IMG_3200.png

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Ah jesus all was lookin good til I got to the cat d part.... which doesn't bother me but will now need to be reflected in the price a bit more, I thought the price he was looking was fairly reasonable and knew it had to be for a reason, cheers @Coog nothing came up on all the normal ones I try

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Aye I couldn't find anything on the MOT history check website, which is strange but have seen that before.

I'll PM you here.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
right rather than start a new thread, viewed it, drove it i wasnt blown away by the performance if im honest id say my S3 was quicker or not far off but then again its more about the looks, only little gripe i noticed was idle fuctuated a little bit and when you rev it it didnt drop right away it held then dropped slowly

Gambit

RMS Regular
They are not out n out fast but cover ground quickly, effortlessly plus sound and look immense, you feel special when driving them imo

Any one id be looking to buy would be run through proper vagcom

Don't like silver though. Blue, black or red only for me

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
They are not out n out fast but cover ground quickly, effortlessly plus sound and look immense, you feel special when driving them imo

Any one id be looking to buy would be run through proper vagcom

Don't like silver though. Blue, black or red only for me
yeah il be takin vagcom or someone with vagcom with me, seen some oily hand marks on top of the engine, dont hear any chain rattle but its hard to tell on your own im no expert on these

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
The chain rattle is easy to miss if you dont know what your looking for. I completely missed it on mine and was only a vagcom check that confirmed that they need done.

Gambit

RMS Regular
yeah il be takin vagcom or someone with vagcom with me, seen some oily hand marks on top of the engine, dont hear any chain rattle but its hard to tell on your own im no expert on these

Chains is the only thing that would worry me on them and only true way to tell is through vagcom and to check the cam deviation values, i wouldnt care if they told me they replaced them yesterday I'd still check it

Apart from that Haldex servicing, check all the undertrays are on it as they are expensive to replace, and rust. Sunroofs leak, break springs also

Half leather is nicer imo and doesn't sag like full leather

I'd have one in a heartbeat if I didn't have the mk2 golf

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
The chain rattle is easy to miss if you dont know what your looking for. I completely missed it on mine and was only a vagcom check that confirmed that they need done.
thats why im worried i thought there might have been something there was unsure as i was on my own and he was away lookin around my car had no one til give it a wee rev, how much did you pay to have them done? there s only 55k on the car i wouldnt have expected them to be needing done

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Chains is the only thing that would worry me on them and only true way to tell is through vagcom and to check the cam deviation values, i wouldnt care if they told me they replaced them yesterday I'd still check it

Apart from that Haldex servicing, check all the undertrays are on it as they are expensive to replace, and rust. Sunroofs leak, break springs also

Half leather is nicer imo and doesn't sag like full leather

I'd have one in a heartbeat if I didn't have the mk2 golf
for 55k miles the drivers seat was worse than i expected my audi seat is like new with near twice the miles

Gambit

RMS Regular
Mileage isn't a true indication of chains. Something as simple as horsing it when cold can cause it to stretch chains. Honestly vagcom it.

Seats wear if previous owner is on the larger side. We seen one with 86k on it and interior was mint...girl owned it was about 8stone in weight and doubt her sides even touched the bolsters lol. Was a dog of a car everywhere else apart from interior

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
right rather than start a new thread, viewed it, drove it i wasnt blown away by the performance if im honest id say my S3 was quicker or not far off but then again its more about the looks, only little gripe i noticed was idle fuctuated a little bit and when you rev it it didnt drop right away it held then dropped slowly

I have never driven a Mk4, but when I was thinking of changing my S3 I test drove a Mk5 R32 and I didn't like it one bit compared to my S3. The only thing it had going for it was the noise.

I would only ever buy a Mk4 based on how awesome they look and how nice they sound. Has to be Deep Blue Pearl though.

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
@Ge0rge I paid £700 for parts and labour to fit new chains, slide rails, tensions and a new sachs clutch. The chains are never supposed to go on them so mileage is irrelevant tbh - I've seen cars with 40k need them and cars at 140k still driving around with the originals.

If its the full leather interior then the drivers seat wear shouldn't be too much to worry about. The leather used for them is crap and always looks like a car of twice the miles. The half leather seats are actually vinyl rather than leather and hold up a bit better over time.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Those big buckets would wear easily if the owner wasn't careful getting in and out.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
You mean "MY" S3 :cool::p:cool:

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
@Ge0rge I paid £700 for parts and labour to fit new chains, slide rails, tensions and a new sachs clutch. The chains are never supposed to go on them so mileage is irrelevant tbh - I've seen cars with 40k need them and cars at 140k still driving around with the originals.

If its the full leather interior then the drivers seat wear shouldn't be too much to worry about. The leather used for them is crap and always looks like a car of twice the miles. The half leather seats are actually vinyl rather than leather and hold up a bit better over time.
have you vagcom? and if so do you know what your at with it buddy?

J55NI

RMS Regular
Ah jesus all was lookin good til I got to the cat d part.... which doesn't bother me but will now need to be reflected in the price a bit more, I thought the price he was looking was fairly reasonable and knew it had to be for a reason, cheers @Coog nothing came up on all the normal ones I try
Did you see the Cat D part from the check above? I clicked on it myself but didn't see that ?

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Did you see the Cat D part from the check above? I clicked on it myself but didn't see that ?
yes had it checked out it was cat d when it was brand new, insurance paid out half the cars value and the car back, its priced accordingly in the deal, it still books at £5500 or so even bein a cat d which i was surprised at must be the low miles...

anyone free to come with me if @Tufty cant with vagcom and check it out il of course pay for the time, pick you up and leave you home, cheers.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.