Anyone know this R32

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

J55NI

RMS Regular
yes had it checked out it was cat d when it was brand new, insurance paid out half the cars value and the car back, its priced accordingly in the deal, it still doooks at £5500 or so even bein a cat d which i was surprised at must be the low miles...

anyone free to come with me if @Tufty cant with vagcom and check it out il of course pay for the time, pick you up and leave you home, cheers.
Ah did you have to pay for the above check then? I clicked on @Coog link and couldn't see the cat d bit myself :confounded:.

At least you might get a few ££ more off the price now :grinning:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Ah did you have to pay for the above check then? I clicked on @Coog link and couldn't see the cat d bit myself :confounded:.

At least you might get a few ££ more off the price now :grinning:

It's mentioned in the advert text.

In the middle of the page:

Screenshot_20170222-220109.png

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Thats plan after MOT. RR'd and if not then Autotune will :party:

You can log MAF readings on VCDS to get a rough idea of the bhp. It won't be totally accurate but you should know if it's been mapped or not.

Divide the g/s value by 0.8, or multiply is by 1.25. Both give the same result :grinning:

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
That actually answers my question anyway, a friend just picked up a silver one and I was wondering if it was this one
Is he from Lisburn I'd say he's not had it long it's never been registered her it was just mot's here for the first time this morning

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Is he from Lisburn I'd say he's not had it long it's never been registered her it was just mot's here for the first time this morning
He bought one this morning/last night, I just seen it was a silver R32. He's from Tassagh so not him

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Can anyone tell me if my snap on solus pro get me in to check know the chain or vagcom only job

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
You'll be able to get a vague idea with any code reader as it will normally show a camshaft position sensor fault when the chains on on their way out. Pretty sure the only way to find out by sure its by using the measuring blocks on vagcom to check the chain deviation figures.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Talk to me.......

20170224_133702.jpg

Also it doesn't idle great fluctuates up and down and had a few missfire codes

AC

RMS Regular
@Ge0rge

To test the timing chains often only the values in VCDS blocks 208 & 209 are deemed relevant. However, this is misleading for correct diagnosis of guide/chain wear and possibly other components.

Therefore, ALWAYS reference blocks 90 & 91 when checking blocks 208 & 209. This then basically references the cam to crank timing via the intermediate shaft by correlation of the crank sensor to the cam phase sensors.

• The timing chains values in blocks 90,91, 208 & 209 must always be read when the engine is warm. Measurements must always be taken at a minimum of about 60°C operating/oil temperature or higher, otherwise the cam adjustment is not yet fully active.

• Measurements are always taken at idle

Valid for both MK4 and MK5 R32:
• Blocks 208 & 209 should be as close as possible to 0°, the spread should not exceed 3°
. The absolute wear limit is 8° spread whether + or minus. If the spread is well above 3° but under the limit, then chain & guide replacement should be considered.

Cross examination of the intermediate shaft values of blocks 90 & 91:

Golf 4 R32 only (intake adjustment range 52°/exhaust adjustment range 22°):
• Block 90 (exhaust) set-point is 0°, no matter the values in blocks 208 & 209, at a duty ratio of about 15.3%. The actual value should not be more than 0.5° out (Valid for both OEM & aftermarket cams). If the values are way off from 0° the timing chain may be mistimed or skipped. Around 11.25° deviation corresponds to a skip of 1 tooth.
• Block 91 (intake) set-point is 22° between idle to about 1200RPM, no matter what the values read in blocks 208 & 209, at a duty ratio of about 15.3%.
The actual value should not be more than 0.5° out (valid for both OEM & aftermarket cams). If the value is not close to 22° the timing chain may be mistimed or skipped. Around 11.25 ° deviation corresponds to a skip of 1 tooth.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
did quiggs fix this up if liam drove a while its the one that sat in the yard at the house for ages. some of the cars they got in to repair in the past looks more for parts
looks like its been sat up

Last edited:

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
No looks like it's had a complete new quarter panel the rear window would need to come out to do it right the rust is right through he reckoned it would be OK with a good buff ****in jesus, seems a nice enough guy he's either very good at acting dumb or generally hasn't got a clue but knowing me it will be in the driveway by Sunday

EP82JM

RMS Regular
No looks like it's had a complete new quarter panel the rear window would need to come out to do it right the rust is right through he reckoned it would be OK with a good buff ****in jesus, seems a nice enough guy he's either very good at acting dumb or generally hasn't got a clue but knowing me it will be in the driveway by Sunday

Id say something of that caliber would be very hard to shift being a cat D and the bits you've mentioned? Not a car I know anything about but its not something people would buy without hpi'ing and fully checking out etc, maybe worth holding out for another one?

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Id say something of that caliber would be very hard to shift being a cat D and the bits you've mentioned? Not a car I know anything about but its not something people would buy without hpi'ing and fully checking out etc, maybe worth holding out for another one?
I'm the most impatient man you will ever meet unfortunately but I think il try unless he ups his cash the search continues

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.