Anyone modify this for me?

Bryan

RMS Regular
1590347631093.png

I'm working on a project that involves this air con compressor but the existing inlet/outlet bracket won't work for me. I need the other one cut off and welded on the other side shaped in a similar fashion to the red line. Anyone on here able to do this? I can't weld aluminium.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Would be awkward trying to weld that dirty aluminium.

Some of those brazing type rods for alloy with a blowtorch might be easier ? Although with either option you'd need to soak heat away from the rubber parts of the hoses during work.

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Would be awkward trying to weld that dirty aluminium.

Some of those brazing type rods for alloy with a blowtorch might be easier ? Although with either option you'd need to soak heat away from the rubber parts of the hoses during work.

I'd ideally like the hoses or hose ports to be threaded to accept new hoses instead of the rubber ones anyway. Might be easier to machine a new part.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
youve probaly enough on each hose to get an olive on for a double ended compression fitting to just join the two of them together.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I'd ideally like the hoses or hose ports to be threaded to accept new hoses instead of the rubber ones anyway. Might be easier to machine a new part.

If it's just a flat block all round....making a new part should actually be pretty easy ? Like it doesnt really need that recess for the bolt, and then yes you could drill/tap it for fittings to make up your own hoses.