Anyone top class exhaust welders on here?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
The exhaust manifold is going to come out of my m3 in the next few weeks, anyone on here good at welding flexi pipes in? I could bodge it myself but would rather have someone do a quality job of it.

Im from the ballymoney area.

cheers

Last edited:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Dees did my decatted downpipe and did a very good job, it's a awkward shape as well, maybe bit far from you though.

RCT

RMS Regular
Stainless or mild Steel? Ricky Pollock in Ballymena radiators, would be worth a call. He can be slow at times, but the quality of work is always excellent, for me anyway.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Funny you say that @RCT as I was going to suggest throwing it over to Alan in peters place. He done a wee job for me the other day and have to say I was quite impressed!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
There's a fella William Murphy from Ballymoney who is well known locally as a brilliant welder.

I'll PM you his number tomorrow

ryan_v

RMS Regular
Drives
mountain bike
I'm a coded welder but for mild steel and handiness I'd just take it to dees exhaust.

For stainless steel I'd use a guy Mark Wilson from Ballycarry he is the dogs balls for exhausts. No one in the country better!
Screenshot_2015-02-19-21-20-11.png

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
But no body wants to pay for that. Which is why the only echausts I make are for
Myself . No one understands the time and materials involved and freaks at the cost.
Which is why places like dees etc exist

100% agree, even on jobs where material costs are relatively small, people still expect to be paying for just materials, forgetting how much it costs for equipment, consumables, skills acquisition, etc.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You probably won't need any sort of top class guru for a mild steel flexi really. Anyone that can weld at a half decent level can do it as it's generally not going to be that difficult. I did my own a couple of years back after doing basic welding training and its still good.

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution
You probably won't need any sort of top class guru for a mild steel flexi really. Anyone that can weld at a half decent level can do it as it's generally not going to be that difficult. I did my own a couple of years back after doing basic welding training and its still good.

I know its not difficult mate but its a pain to get the manifold off in the first place, steering coupling has to come off, heat shield, air con pipes, then wrestling with broken studs, I could weld it and do an ok job but I don't want an ok job, I dont ever have to take it off again!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Hijacking this thread, looking someone local to Belfast to fabricate a small section of pipe to remove the front silencers in my exhaust, any recommendations?

image.jpg

To remove and add new pipe work to the sections on the left of the picture.

Thanks.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Haven't been to dee's in over 10 years but I don't know many other places.

@Cro want to give it a go? Lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.