Anyone use a clay cloth..??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
They are grand, but find them more susceptible to marring than a clay bar if not used correctly. I used them for a while but pretty much back to clay now

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Echo the above. Seem handy at the time but not as effective as clay bar, marring is very hard to remove too.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
If you get a decent one they are superb for speed and the sheer agression of them but there is no way in a million years we would use one on a car that otherwise wasn't getting alot of machine works. The marring is horrendous.

9/10 though you just can't best bilt hamber or gloss-it clay

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Is that cheap blue clay from China best avoided? I've have never used it, but been tempted at £3 a bar.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Used both clay mitts and cloths, had little issues on some cars, though as others have said can cause major marring, which isn't the end of the world if you are intending to machine polish.

I'm back to using clay bar if the car doesn't require machine polishing, or only light machining.

Topmark

RMS Regular
Used Meguire's ClayBar kit a couple of days ago. It was £20 but comes with a reasonably big bar, I only used half. Also comes with a Quick Detailer lubricant which was fantastic.

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Have been using the Valet Pro yellow clay bars for a few years and have been happy with them. Like the idea of a clay cloth, but also heard lots of people on Detailing World talk about the marring.

white sport

RMS Regular
Drives
cosmic ep3
Have been using the Valet Pro yellow clay bars for a few years and have been happy with them. Like the idea of a clay cloth, but also heard lots of people on Detailing World talk about the marring.
I was looking at the valet pro blue clay think it medium is the yellow softer ?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
If you are using one of these for the first time what way does the cloth have to be prepped before use? I see only some soak it in a fresh bucket of water and car shampoo?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
no prob man, let us know your thoughts on it, I still dont' think Bilt Hamber claybar could be beaten!

Sure ill come down to your place and we can gut the XF ... purely for test purposes ;)

No ill hopefully get using it this week as I want the car sorted and cleaned before I go on my stag this weekend lol

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Sure ill come down to your place and we can gut the XF ... purely for test purposes ;)

No ill hopefully get using it this week as I want the car sorted and cleaned before I go on my stag this weekend lol

haha no problem, I am sure you already know but a good tar remover and fallout remover is essential as well before using the clay/cloth

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
haha no problem, I am sure you already know but a good tar remover and fallout remover is essential as well before using the clay/cloth

Yes mate I use Bilt Hamber Korrosol for that. Seems to be pretty good.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.