Apline unit or VW upgrade for Mk7 Golf??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Hi all,

What are the opinions on these two machines?

Similarily priced, but it seesm the alpine has a bit more spec for the money, and requires less to be spent to get all the fittings.

Alpine i902D-G7 Car DAB Bluetooth CarPlay Android

has anyone got one and fitted it themselves?

eary or hard?

Bearing in mind the car is on PCP so resale value wont be a thing.

Any info greatfully recevieved!

Thanks

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Lyons is the resident expert with this type of stuff.

What does that do that the standard one doesn't? I get that it has a bigger screen but if it's the android auto/apple car play stuff you can get it activated by a dealer for a few hundred apparently

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I bought the cheaper ilx-f903d unit which is quite hard to fit...... and I used to fit them for a living! The oem stuff is OK and most people prefer the look but go for Alpine every time if you want your ears to be massaged into aural ecstasy.

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
Yea, I have the tiny screen that's crappy and the MMI port, not even a proper usb. And it's a slightly cheaper than the retrofit version of mib 2.5

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
20181112_092113.jpg

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
I don't have nav, the alpine unit is the one without nav, but with Android thingy and usb it can do that so, that's my thinking if I ever need it

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
aye, but android auto...never need to worry about updating maps again should i ever need to use nav

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.