Applying for TaxBook for Classic Bike

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Bought a wee bike this morning that id been looking for for a while - had one when i was a kid.. and i've always regretting selling it.

The Bike was locally supplied new from Owen Bros Honda & the plate is the box of parts..

DVLA are showing no info online of the Reg, but i can apply for MOT using the reg and chassis number so the bike exists.

Is it just a matter of sending off the V62 to Swansea applying for the new V5?

Anyone done this recently?

soccersmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
F32+RSV1000
I don’t have a tax book or any paperwork so nothing to loose!
Ahh.
Just apply for a v5.
You'll either get it, or they'll make you jump through more hoops and may not end up with the original reg.

A dating cert from the VJMC (Google it) will help but they could also insist a SVA (Google it) test is also completed.

All extra grief but you will get a reg as long as it has a chassis number.

Old is Gold

chrisQ

RMS Regular
I've had a few bikes like that, never got a book when I bought them as they had been lying years and forgot about but the original number plates and frame numbers were there so sent off a V62 with details on and a £25 cheque to Swansea and got V5's in post with no questions asked.
Good luck with the project whatever it is

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
I've had a few bikes like that, never got a book when I bought them as they had been lying years and forgot about but the original number plates and frame numbers were there so sent off a V62 with details on and a £25 cheque to Swansea and got V5's in post with no questions asked.
Good luck with the project whatever it is

This is my 2nd application like this and it hasn’t been that straight forward either time. I have had to chase the V62 already a few times already, it was lodged on the 3rd November, the last person a spoke with before Christmas finally gave me a case number that will be investigated.. before then the answer was that it simply didn’t exist (to them)