Arai RX7 or Shoei NXR opinion

KHI

RMS Regular
Drives
very early!
I haven't had a RX7 but I do own a NXR.I find the NXR to be a great helmet.It's very light and comfortable,it's very easy to turn my head to look behind me compared to my previous AGV K5.The optical clarity of the visors are outstanding and the pinlock system works a treat.There is great vision when I have my head on the tank and I don't get head buffeting either.It's certainly a lot quieter than my K5 too.

My only complaint is that I had to replace the base plates that hold the visor in place after about 30,000 miles.The slots on one side had worn significantly so when I opened the visor it started popping out on one side.This may be due to me being a little heavy handed though lol.

Lee

RMS Regular
Not model specific, but my experience of the two brands is that Shoei is better.

We have a Shoei RYD and an Arai Debut, both £300 helmets. The Shoei just seems better put together and visor changes are a nightmare on the Arai!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Have you tried it on yet? I found the fit of Shoei to be very different to Arai and just couldn't get comfortable in it (or the Arai to be fair, end up with a Shark Race R Pro which I rate highly).

soccersmyth

RMS Regular
OP
soccersmyth
Drives
F32+RSV1000
Have you tried it on yet? I found the fit of Shoei to be very different to Arai and just couldn't get comfortable in it (or the Arai to be fair, end up with a Shark Race R Pro which I rate highly).
Theres zero chance of that happening with the current restrictions.
Been wearing arai all my life so its be hard to bite the bullet and just buy

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Theres zero chance of that happening with the current restrictions.

That I understand, I personally wouldn't want to buy a lid without trying it on first but needs must at the moment.

I suppose you can always send it back if you order it online.

Manover50

RMS Regular
Drives
JaguarXFR-S
Arai myself having bought 1 Shoei yrs ago and the shape just didn't suit my head at speed... Got a head wobble at motorway speeds that never happened with the arai then or since.
Do you know anyone who could let you test a similar model Shoei.... Might be a bit of an ask but a full face balaclava should act like a mask.