Are BMW Destroying the M badge???

Are BMW Destroying the M badge???

• Total voters
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Skillie

if they have M-Tec extras like brakes/suspension or bodykit then ain't doin that much harm besides showing that your car ain't standard. people always misconcieve that an M badge tries to pass it off as an M3 etc. NO it doesn't. An M3 has a badge that says "M3" just an "M" badge means its got M-tec extras. Think BM are goin over the top a bit though at times by slapping it on for any old extra. My 328 had an M badge as it had suspension and brakes. Was sick of people telling me I had "a nice M3" and telling them its not an M3 and then getting the "but y does it have the badge?" Even a bloody Garda asked me a few weeks back. Anyway within reason its OK, but really hate tossers who put the M3 badge on a 316!! Incidently BM won't sell you any M3 bits from their parts dept unless you have an M3 chassis number or so I've heard.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.