Astra Coupe Turbo

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
As some of you know I was big into Vauxhalls before I got into VW group cars. I had always liked the Astra coupe turbo and when this come up on the classifieds posted by another member I couldnt resist.

The car has 54k and needs general recomissioning and general tidying. I bought the car without seeing it but there has been nothing too daunting so far. The wheels will be going and I'm not sure at this stage what to replace them with.

Thanks again @southsky sunrise for bringing it down this morning.

Some pics today after it arrived.
20200529_115229.jpg
20200529_115300.jpg
20200529_120413.jpg
IMG-20180408-WA0005.jpg
20200529_115157.jpg

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Looked a bit of a bargain! Was tempted myself!
Health to tinker!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
It smoked like dot cotton. I took in px for my supra at the time and thought it looked cool and it went well too.

Worked with @Robert at the time and he took it off my hands as I just couldn't have afforded to even think about fixing it lol

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Not a bother bud, Colour really pops in the sun, agree the wheels would be suited on something else in someone else’s driveway ;)

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Always loved these, with standard wheels on and in that colour I thought they were class looking! Good going things as well!

Health to drive

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
That’s very nice... was never overly a fan of the coupe till Billing a few years back a guy had a convertible in red with Bbs reps and coilovers, full red and black leather and the whole thing mods
N all came to £2500

Altho it was only 1.8

But a lot of flash for v little cash!!

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Thought I I update this thread today..

The car hasnt been MOT'd in 10 years so I wanted firstly to get it road worthy then look at how its running and look at possible stem seals if needs be. Then look at bits of the bodywork.

The first thing I wanted for getting it ready on the road was replace the coilovers and the 19 wheels. I went for a shock and spring set up and thankfully @Eamo_vxr had a set of immaculate vauxhall 17" alloys originally from an omega elite for sale and snapped those up. The car has now been fully serviced, new belts, water pump, fuel filter, battery and some new brake pipes.

I also replaced the rusted out front grille with an irmscher jobbie. I hope to get the car booked in for MOT this week and all being well when it get through I can start the long list of jobs/tidying I want to do.

The car hasnt been washed in a few weeks but a few pics today of the car and how its currently sits.
20200823_142541.jpg
20200823_142500.jpg
20200823_142518.jpg
20200823_142508.jpg

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
The old girl passed the MOT tonight. Minor mishap running out of petrol on the way home for the first time ever and often wondered how people let that happen! Too much spirited driving on the way home maybe but thankfully was near home and quickly sorted.

20200824_122851.jpg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
The old girl passed the MOT tonight. Minor mishap running out of petrol on the way home for the first time ever and often wondered how people let that happen! Too much spirited driving on the way home maybe but thankfully was near home and quickly sorted.

View attachment 292285

Happened me in it once before too, don't think the range can be trusted lol

JH86

RMS Regular
I've a set of 19" snowflakes here, plebty of kerb rash but straight and solid rattle can refer do well if your interested £130