Astra Coupe Turbo

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I've a set of 19" snowflakes here, plebty of kerb rash but straight and solid rattle can refer do well if your interested £130

19s are too big on it cheers for the offer, I also got 19 inch vxrs but prefer how it drives with the standard size.

Started to buy a few other bits for it, including a new headlight as one is letting in water and two good rear bump strips as the ones I have are flaking and warped. Then it will be repainting of the boot spoiler due to lacquer peel. I also plan to put my reg on it.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Lovely car ,haven’t seen one in years.how did you get the mot,I didn’t realise they would do it so quick .i have a 205 I need to put through but never bothered as I thought they were only doing cars 4 yrs old and commercials .

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Lovely car ,haven’t seen one in years.how did you get the mot,I didn’t realise they would do it so quick .i have a 205 I need to put through but never bothered as I thought they were only doing cars 4 yrs old and commercials .
Its MOT had expired 10 years rang the mot phoneline and had my pick of times and dates including an hour away.

When I went over I was the only one there for the duration of the test, it was quite eery.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
My 234,000 mile Insignia says otherwise.

I bet your one of these was more reliable than the e92 coupe and A35 you had ;-)

Everything is more reliable than my A35 was, but my brand new VXR did blow the head seals before it had even reached 10k

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Got the astra car taxed, filled with petrol and drove it properly for the first the time tonight. The car is driving great and actually handles quite well. The new headlight I was waiting on has arrived and it really needs fitted as it making the visibility poor at night.
20200902_203730.jpg

I also got 5 minutes to investigate why the radio wasnt working and it was just a blown fuse.
20200902_205749.jpg
Very happy about that as the stereo is paired up with a CD changer and I'm planning to stock that up with my Ibiza 2001 CDs lol.

Next up is fitting the good set of rear quarter mouldings I got for it. Then it will be leaving the boot spoiler and tow eye cover in for paint.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
When I bought that it allegedly had a bit of tuning done and a bigger turbo, it always went well but I had nothing to bench mark it against and had never driven any others.

Good to see its got a good home. I always loved the colour of it!

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
When I bought that it allegedly had a bit of tuning done and a bigger turbo, it always went well but I had nothing to bench mark it against and had never driven any others.

Good to see its got a good home. I always loved the colour of it!

It does go well and the closet thing I got to compare it with is my mk1 vRS (with 180bhp stock) and it does feel sharper.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I had an edition 100 version of these, it came with BBS wheels which really suited it, it also came in a limited edition colour called China blue and tan leather which was stunning.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Have continued to futter with the coupe and doing a general tidy up.

I gave the car a run over with the DA. Sent the rear spoiler away to be painted and refitted it and the car is looking a lot smarter.

Today I took the front bumper off and replaced one headlight and tided the other. Fitted genuine gaskets around to help stop water and dust getting in. I also sourced a standard v grille and I think it suits the car better. I also bought a new tow eye cover and it doesnt fit, so it looks like they changed the fitting post 2001 so that's another saved search on ebay...

Some quick pics..

20200921_131757.jpg
20200921_131709.jpg
20200921_131630.jpg
20200921_131509.jpg
20200921_131937.jpg

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Thanks for the comments it is coming up well. Plenty of small bits still to do to keep me interested.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Looks brilliant. Good to see one of these get a bit of TLC. Already a rare sight on the road and only going to get rarer!