Astra Mk4 Irmscher (Saab B204 Conversion - In and Running)

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
Time for a wee update then... I have the engine stripped and checked over!
Also ordered a pile of parts including Head Set, Head Bolts, Chain kit, Balance shaft delete, AEM 320LPH Fuel Pump, Bigger Injectors, 3 Bar map sensor, TD04 19T Turbo... so I am well on track to the 300+ bhp... estimates at the moment are 330bhp

MFCQPyc.jpg
1SRSDdh.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Some work going into this Glenn ... when's the expected completion date?

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
More progress!!

So I have the engine out of the Astra! Part of me dreaded this bit, but the majority of me was bursting with excitement as this is another big milestone!

ZEmRWFG.jpg

So out the Z18XE came, with ease to be honest, it didnt put up much of a fight compared to the Saab! While we had an empty bay, we took the opportunity to have the subframe treated so out came the grinder and wire brushes!

m5MHiaL.jpg

PtS2gEo.jpg

And more interesting bits and pieces arrived!! The ECU is now upgraded to Trionic 7 and Remapped to suit the mods.

QLMwGFt.jpg

fj1200aa

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat
Are you going to run a standard box Glenn or try and strap it down a bit with Quaife?

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Awesome!

Love a subtly styled older Vauxhall ... some look like theyve went through Halfords mod section sideways then smacked it with an Irmy catalogue but this is bang on! :heart:

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
So progress has slowed... and its doing my head in! Constantly waiting for parts to arrive, please tell me I am not the only one?

I was going for a basic TD04-19t upgrade, but the supplier f*cked me about that much I threw the head up and went for a Chinky GT2871...

ajsBmsk.jpg

So time to remake the manifold! Also found that I am missing a rear F23 gearbox bracket! DOH! I will be so glad to get it finished now!

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
Very nice. With the ecu need mapped again?
Spoke with the mapper and he said no, it will target 1.6 bar and throw fuel at it accordingly! 8-|
Considering a Wideband for AFR tbh or even a knock light!

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
So me being me, I was trawling the classifieds late last night... I have seen this Astra about my area and hoped for the day it came up for sale! Well today was that day! I went along and had a look, with money in my pocket and boy I wasnt disappointed! I planned to buy this car and swap some bits into the project car, but this one is too good. SOOOO I decided to buy it for my wife as she has wanted another MK4 Astra for years... since she parted with her old car many moons ago!

the spec list on this baby is impressive! Every MOT Cert and Disc... Full Service History... Every Tax disc until they stopped! Its Incredible!

2004 Astra 2.2 SRi 16v
Powerflex Polybush kit
Bilstein Shocks
Eibach Springs
K&N Oil Filter
SRi Turbo Bumpers
Irmscher Side Skirts
GSi Turbo Spoiler
GSi Turbo Wheels
Irmscher Tail Lights
Irmscher Grill
Irmscher Exhaust
Full GSi Recaro Interior
Irmscher Door Pins
Irmscher Handbrake Lever
Irmscher Mats

gkTxbh0.jpg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
So me being me, I was trawling the classifieds late last night... I have seen this Astra about my area and hoped for the day it came up for sale! Well today was that day! I went along and had a look, with money in my pocket and boy I wasnt disappointed! I planned to buy this car and swap some bits into the project car, but this one is too good. SOOOO I decided to buy it for my wife as she has wanted another MK4 Astra for years... since she parted with her old car many moons ago!

the spec list on this baby is impressive! Every MOT Cert and Disc... Full Service History... Every Tax disc until they stopped! Its Incredible!

2004 Astra 2.2 SRi 16v
Powerflex Polybush kit
Bilstein Shocks
Eibach Springs
K&N Oil Filter
SRi Turbo Bumpers
Irmscher Side Skirts
GSi Turbo Spoiler
GSi Turbo Wheels
Irmscher Tail Lights
Irmscher Grill
Irmscher Exhaust
Full GSi Recaro Interior
Irmscher Door Pins
Irmscher Handbrake Lever
Irmscher Mats

gkTxbh0.jpg
I take it you’re breaking that poor saab?

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth

2004 Astra 2.2 SRi 16v
Powerflex Polybush kit
Bilstein Shocks
Eibach Springs
K&N Oil Filter
SRi Turbo Bumpers
Irmscher Side Skirts
GSi Turbo Spoiler
GSi Turbo Wheels
Irmscher Tail Lights
Irmscher Grill
Irmscher Exhaust
Full GSi Recaro Interior
Irmscher Door Pins
Irmscher Handbrake Lever
Irmscher Mats

gkTxbh0.jpg

New plates & rear lenses would work wonders on that little black Astra you've bought.

Following this thread closely - would love a 2.2T!

JH86

RMS Regular
Be a quare job, also make sure you've an oil restrictor for the turbo

Let me know if you need anything lad

Think I've fitting and stuff also down pipe flange for the turbo etc, hks 1.2bar actuator some where

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
Be a quare job, also make sure you've an oil restrictor for the turbo

Let me know if you need anything lad

Think I've fitting and stuff also down pipe flange for the turbo etc, hks 1.2bar actuator some where
Oil restrictor is in the turbo and all! First thing I checked! Thanks lad!

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
New plates & rear lenses would work wonders on that little black Astra you've bought.

Following this thread closely - would love a 2.2T!
Well the wife can decide if she wants to keep the smoked Irmscher tail lights... Vauxhall pureists would say keep them! But I have a set of standard GSi/SRi tails and also the Euro style ones in the other Astra pictured. So shes spoilt for choice! :laughing:

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb

2004 Astra 2.2 SRi 16v
Powerflex Polybush kit
Bilstein Shocks
Eibach Springs
K&N Oil Filter
SRi Turbo Bumpers
Irmscher Side Skirts
GSi Turbo Spoiler
GSi Turbo Wheels
Irmscher Tail Lights
Irmscher Grill
Irmscher Exhaust
Full GSi Recaro Interior
Irmscher Door Pins
Irmscher Handbrake Lever
Irmscher Mats

gkTxbh0.jpg

It's been for sale for a few weeks and have been very tempted numerous times. Some amount of extras on it, great buy. Getting a well looked after Vauxhall is a rare thing.