Astra Mk4 Irmscher (Saab B204 Conversion - In and Running)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
I didn't even know they did a 2.2. Nice buy!

Yes they came with a Z22SE which is a GM family engine... commonly found in the USA under the "hoods" of Chevrolet's, Pontiac's & Saturn's

Not a great engine to be honest! If I get my way the new car will be Saab'd too! :laughing:

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
Soooo the Saab engine made its way into the Astra today for the first time! Albeit without a vital transmission part... no wait... the whole transmission... ^o) Run out of time today but tomorrow is the day!!

8RIlu1M.jpg

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
So today was the day it was set back down on its wheels and moved for the first time with Swedish ponys! Over the moon... its off in the next week to have a bespoke manifold made for the GT2871R and a 3" downpipe and exhaust!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
So today was the day it was set back down on its wheels and moved for the first time with Swedish ponys! Over the moon... its off in the next week to have a bespoke manifold made for the GT2871R and a 3" downpipe and exhaust!

Great stuff!

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
So whilst recording a tutorial on whats needed for this engine conversion, I discovered that parts of the chassis of the car have serious rust issues, the joys of cars lying about outside!! I need a garage sooo bad!!

Well the decision has been made to find a suitable RWD Chassis to transplant the engine too! Watch this space!!

JH86

RMS Regular
So whilst recording a tutorial on whats needed for this engine conversion, I discovered that parts of the chassis of the car have serious rust issues, the joys of cars lying about outside!! I need a garage sooo bad!!

Well the decision has been made to find a suitable RWD Chassis to transplant the engine too! Watch this space!!

It really really needs to be a BMW E36 or 46 imo

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
This is brilliant....having owned a 285 BHP 9000 Aero for 4 years I can only imagine how stupidly fast this will be in an Astra with 330 bhp - absolutely bomb proof engines too. Mine took 8 years of abuse and 5 years later its still going like a train with 170k on it.

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
This is brilliant....having owned a 285 BHP 9000 Aero for 4 years I can only imagine how stupidly fast this will be in an Astra with 330 bhp - absolutely bomb proof engines too. Mine took 8 years of abuse and 5 years later its still going like a train with 170k on it.
Yeah its rather savage!! šŸ˜‚ Couple that to standard Astra suspension and you know your alive šŸ˜‚

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.