Astra Mk4 Irmscher (Saab B204 Conversion - In and Running)

GlennM

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
So this is my latest purchase... a 2002 1.8 SXi Astra loaded with Irmscher goodies! I bought it a wee while back for less than 12 months worth of tax! (190 g/km ... im sure you can work out how cheap it was!

Its a heavy drinker... and its favourite juice is of the 10w40 label! It came also with a free James Bond style blue smoke screen! Changes so far are Standard tail lights and a Backbox

Future plans are to transplant a Saab B204 and tidy it up! Thats if the wife doesnt try steal it from me!

86lMFYO.jpg

8MhxU8m.jpg

MqJdJtl.jpg

Zwiwjij.jpg

XT2XodE.jpg

Last edited:

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
So it took me about 6 weeks to find a suitable donor engine and as you can see from the picture, I was pretty happy when I finally got it home! Found it in Ballymena, it has clutch issues but the engine is sweet as a nut!

So the £200 Astra towed the £300 Donor KeSaab home! :joy:

f5F237f.jpg

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
Class! Noticed that mk4 for sale. Very rare front bumper.

Love the plans. Always wanted another one had a red irmscher kitted 1.8 back in the day.

Yeah I was working across the street from it in June and even sent my missus a picture of it saying "wow look at that" ... then the day after all the crap with Hurst Citroen was settled I went onto Gumtree and seen it, didnt hesitate to go buy it!

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Yeah I was working across the street from it in June and even sent my missus a picture of it saying "wow look at that" ... then the day after all the crap with Hurst Citroen was settled I went onto Gumtree and seen it, didnt hesitate to go buy it!

Come from Portadown? Was in this general area for a long time. Are you using the astras gearbox with the conversion.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Smart looking astra! Nice reg too.
Look forward to the transplant!

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Always like the Mk4 Astra. Had a 1.8 SRI back in the day, lovely wee car and nice interior, just was an alacholic.

GlennM

RMS Regular
OP
GlennM
Drives
335d
Great progress made today!! Hopefully have the engine out of the Saab tomorrow and its time to put it on a stand for a refresh!!

Attachments

• 20171112_143345.jpg
    20171112_143345.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 598

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Great progress made today!! Hopefully have the engine out of the Saab tomorrow and its time to put it on a stand for a refresh!!
Poor saab. Those seats will sell easy enough. Change the little oil pressure sensor switch whilst engine is out, they like to leak and in awkward to get to when engine in, cheap as well.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Very nice. If you have not already, join SAABWORX on Facebook. There is loads of them on there and they seem to be very informative too.

cool_kit

RMS Regular
Drives
vectra B gsi
Well guys, the DS3 Racing dream didnt work out...

dL99khe.jpg

Car let me down 6 weeks in. Needed a new engine which turned out to be engine number 3 in 47k miles... and heard quotes being thrown about like "£7k+ to repair" & "Financial Write Off" ... So I told Citroen to hold onto to it and care for it because I couldnt take that risk!

Which leads us on to the latest purchase... a 2002 1.8 SXi Astra loaded with Irmscher goodies! I bought it a wee while back for less than 12 months worth of tax! (190 g/km ... im sure you can work out how cheap it was!)

Its a heavy drinker... and its favourite juice is of the 10w40 label! It came also with a free James Bond style blue smoke screen! Changes so far are Standard tail lights and a Backbox

Future plans are to transplant a Saab B204 and tidy it up! Thats if the wife doesnt try steal it from me!

86lMFYO.jpg

8MhxU8m.jpg

MqJdJtl.jpg

Zwiwjij.jpg

XT2XodE.jpg
Who does the Saab conversion mate

Alexmck

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Mate has mark 3 astra with saab turbo, animal of a car watching this thread