Attempting To Daily a 1930 Ford Model A

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Halfords used to stock it, dunno if they still do.

@PeteMoore was raving about this gear, very dear but will give it a go. Locally available too.

111gsi

RMS Regular
Also heard good thing about BDX
Me too, so I ordered some to try. Paid for the standard 5 day delivery but it came next day, DPD'd from Carryduff.
Will be trying it out on some crusty brake unions this weekend.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Heat is great, but can't be used in all circumstances. If I know a bolt needs to come off ahead of time and I suspect it may be tricky I'll soak it a day before even if I plan on using heat.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Heat is great, but can't be used in all circumstances. If I know a bolt needs to come off ahead of time and I suspect it may be tricky I'll soak it a day before even if I plan on using heat.
Induction heating in that case! Useful to have both to hand

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Induction heating in that case! Useful to have both to hand
That's what they used when they replaced the thirty year old bushes at the back of the Volvo. The bolts were all stuck, obviously, and one had been snapped by someone else at some point before. He got them out with some sort of home made induction heater.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
No idea what the cheap ones are like but even the cheapest Chinese ones are a few hundred quid a pop. Wouldn’t mind trying one some day to see.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
No idea what he made his from, lol, best not to ask 😅 But it worked when nothing else did.

althebass

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
Model A Ford
IMG_2567.jpeg