Attempting To Daily a 1930 Ford Model A

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
Finally seen this on the road yesterday :cool:. You were coming off the North Road onto the Bangor road at the lights as I turned onto the North Rd. I was in the silver L200 with the dark canopy. Looked like you were driving it like you stole it but were only doing about 20mph :laughing:

Absolutely love it!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
It was a pleasure to meet you today and even better seeing this in the wild!

-ckvqi7.jpg

althebass

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
Model A Ford
IMG_0572.jpeg

A picture speaks a thousand words.
This one screams Flathead V8.

See my wanted ad 😂

I know I haven’t kept this updated but been driving away at this and it’s the first time it’s let me down!
At least it did it well.

1hr into a 4.5hr trip from Silverstone to Birkenhead yesterday, right outside a pub 😄

6F8130E6-A727-4DB5-ADD0-C5CC5A567D66.jpeg

althebass

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
Model A Ford
Yikes mate, how did you get her home?
I have ‘onward to uk postcode breakdown’ with my insurance policy.
The breakdown broker made a f ck up so ended up having to taxi the 2 kids and I 120miles to the boat, which we only just made.

They’ve been good sorting it out to be fair once they realised but they’re having to send a man over with it in the next day or 2 at their cost.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ouch! V8 sounds like a great idea, any excuse 😁

I got stranded with a broken cv joint in deepest Wiltshire once with a policy like that, lol. They taxied me up to Cambridge on a Sunday night, and hauled the car back to Belfast. Took a couple of weeks before I had the car back. Ended up going on a flatbed via Dorchester and all the way up to the Scotland ferry 😂 🙈

All well and she arrived in one piece. Premium nearly doubled after that though 😅

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
I think you may have moved in down the street from my parents, unless there are two of these in Bangor. I'll say hello if I see you about. You're a brave man and I admire you for getting as much use and fun out of this as you do

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Be great to get it up round the Folk Museum for a few pics!
They used to have a show there annually and let some cars park in the village

Managed to snap a shot of my old work car up there when I was working on their security systems. Wish I'd got one outside an old shopfront. Would be a great location.
Captureftm.PNG

I can only imagine the curse words out of someone trying to diagnose a small leak or wiring issue on a wet cold night and accidentally leaning on the top of a plug or that thing :confounded:

Someone wired one to a vice :joy:

Then I gave it a single coat of POR-15 gloss black.
This stuff covers well and flattens out nicely to a shiny finish.
It really sticks really well to anything it touches so I use the small 114ml tins and cheap brushes which I don’t even try to clean. I’d recommend gloves too as it stays in your skin for days.

POR15 rocks (y) Seriously tough too once it's set.

Same did all the underside of my mk2 in por15 and its best stuff i used.

Bar when it gets on your face

I done my new Whiteline ARB and Towbar with POR15 and didn't wear gloves, Took over a week for most of it to come off and some was still visible for nearly 3 weeks. Incredible stuff, but gloves next time definitely! I haven't told the missus yet that I was wearing a brand new TShirt she bought me that day and the shoulder has a big globby bit of POR15 on it, I'll quietly replace that before she catches on :joy:

@althebass Love this! Hadn't seen this thread before. I enquired about an Austin 10 a few months ago, definitely a car like this is on my list to own. Though mine will be chopped a bit with a 1UZ or similar. Every journey must be an event!

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Just seen this come up on eBay. Absolutely no idea if it's anything you'd be interested in considering its just another 4cyl

althebass

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
Model A Ford
I think you may have moved in down the street from my parents, unless there are two of these in Bangor. I'll say hello if I see you about. You're a brave man and I admire you for getting as much use and fun out of this as you do
Blue A2 also, say hi anytime I’m around.
Just seen this come up on eBay. Absolutely no idea if it's anything you'd be interested in considering its just another 4cyl

I had seen that but thank you very much for sharing.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Good to see this moving along. Out of curiosity, will it keep its exemption status once this engine has been fitted? It seems MOT exemption is very easily lost (Even if most still continue to not test them)

The amount of massively modified rat-rods and the likes I see for sale that claim to be MOT-Exempt is wild

althebass

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
Model A Ford
Good to see this moving along. Out of curiosity, will it keep its exemption status once this engine has been fitted? It seems MOT exemption is very easily lost (Even if most still continue to not test them)

The amount of massively modified rat-rods and the likes I see for sale that claim to be MOT-Exempt is wild
Thanks for that.
I’ll keep myself right and do my best to keep the thread updated with the details.

“Still a 1.0 on the tax book so cheap insurance” 🤣😉

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34

Suppose it depends if you go with a sane, intelligent interpretation of 'radically altered' or the cretinous approach that some grey suited moron in an office in Wales takes 😂