Audi A1 1.4 TFSI (COD) hesitation

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Why would I do that? ......she fell in love with it.............she has had it 3 years and has honestly put on about 5k. She would only want another one, that colour, that spec. Y'know. She wanted one for ages. Seems silly but her first steps into something not Vauxhall or Mazda etc.

Been serviced religiously with Audi and lives in an extended warranty

Are we really at the stage where cars can't be fixed on a 30 or so k miles car because if we are, I am cycling.

Swear to god if Audi have no answer I will propose sending it to pob at their expense.

Do you need me to answer that...

Sounds like it's consuming your life. I don't mean that to sound mean, so apologies if it comes across that way.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Would expect better from a "premium" brand, in terms of customer service and just the general car lasting and being atleast half decent. Hope you get sorted

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Do you need me to answer that...

Sounds like it's consuming your life. I don't mean that to sound mean, so apologies if it comes across that way.
No, no....I get you bud

Its, well...............its really not consuming my life at all. I have much more important things to worry about right now.

But, that aside. The car isn't right. The car is in warranty. So the car should be fixed. Why get rid?

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
I'm guessing you run it on normal 95RON unleaded? I'd be inclined to throw a few tanks of super unleaded (even 99ron if handy) through it and see how it behaves.
Its a fair shout bro.

When I ran the car at first, it was always on the saucey stuff, just out of habit with the Clio.

Petrol is petrol to my mum but would always put in Texaco at least as I give off to her about random garages and quality. Not that I can prove Texaco is better, the Clio likes it is all i know.

Will look into that. Cheers man.

Still chasing Audi mind.

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Well, that's audi done :/

They have said with no codes being thrown, the warranty cannot approve any work and the car is fine as far as they are concerned.

The day of the true mechanic is done at dealerships and that warranty isn't worth anything

Have reached out to Paul at Dubtech to see if he can help. Mum will be without a car for a bit but not mu h we can do.

At least we will save money on the extended warranty this year. Its basically a scam right?

J

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Car going into Paul at Dubtech in a week or so. Man alive that chap is busy so super grateful it's finally getting his eyes.

Chased Audi again on the line I have been given and some chap from the executive office contacted me and basically brushed everything off. Stating that no fault was found, stating that they did the carbon clean out of goodwill etc and stating that it was Audi's suggestion to take it somewhere else. I asked what the alternative to the "suggestion" was and he told me there wasn't one. All madness IMO for a car in warranty.

So I put it to him that if Paul finds that a component has failed, somewhere ( I have faith ).......say the car needs stripped to find this.......and can prove/show it, given that Audi have said that they will fix a failed component, what happens?

He told me in that case, that Paul should rebuild the car, including the broken or faulty part, then get it transported to Audi for them to decide if it is faulty and if they can replace it.

I asked him what HE thought of that line and he said he couldn't comment. Even he knows its pure crack.

I then asked for what I had been told in writing. No, they don't do that.

I then asked for something in writing from the dealers stating the same. no, they don't do that.

Make no mistake, this car will never see an Audi dealership again as it's so very clear that they don't have a notion and WHEN Paul finds what is wrong, I will be trusting him to sort it.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Just read through the thread there and you mentioned fuel pressures? Do you know if Audi did any requested vs actual fuel pressure readings?

I had and currently still have some spluttering/hesitation issues with my S3 - long story short, removing the LPFP from the tank, cleaning it, replacing the filter, cleaning the tank resolved about 90% of the issues.

My fuel pressure requests are bang on but I am still getting slight hesitation/spluttering especially if I am driving in D6 around 70mph and accelerating up hill in cruise control - the car just doesnt like it

Next step for me/us is to change the plugs, change LPFP again, check fuel pressures and monitor - next step if not cured will be to look at the injectors. #

My S3 is 9.5 years old now, 83k and just shy of 500bhp :joy: bit different to your mums but symptoms seem similar

Also, might I add, no "codes" or lights on the dash when its hesitating

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Hi buddy,

Fuel pressures was one of my first thoughts, especially between the tank LP pump and the HPFP. I suggested this to Audi and they "tested" it but I guarantee they only used computer values.

Very much something I am going to mention to Paul @ Dubtech when the car goes in although I doubt I will need to. Think I posted a link to a vid in the thread with someone diagnosing this correctly and I sent this to Audi as well. i bet they didn't bat an eye.

S3 is also very much a different beast as you say bro so I am sure that hesitations are insanely noticeable with yours.

The "no codes" thing is the biggest nightmare tbh

Cheers for the info man :grinning:

A

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
So, indy mech finds a fault. Car then taken to Audi and they simply say no fault found. That's a p1ssweak counter argument.

There must be some comeback/2nd opinion on this. I'd be asking trading standards about this too.

You could put it to Audi that they are replying too heavily on computers to do a fault diagnosis, instead if a proper time served mech who is worth his weight in gold.

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
So, indy mech finds a fault. Car then taken to Audi and they simply say no fault found. That's a p1ssweak counter argument.

There must be some comeback/2nd opinion on this. I'd be asking trading standards about this too.

You could put it to Audi that they are replying too heavily on computers to do a fault diagnosis, instead if a proper time served mech who is worth his weight in gold.

Hey bud, yeah...........I have been through all the stages of grief about this. Very little actual mechanic skills seemingly and too much reliance on computers to the point that Audi's line is no code on the dash? no cash.

I did think about trading standards tbh but just had to let that slide, was starting to really get to me but thankfully, I have been consumed with work and other life stuff, y'know.

I guess when Paul gets to the bottom of it there is a chance that it might re-ignite my fire ( say, if the timing is actually out after being checked twice and finally by their "master" tech ) or if one of the things i specifically mentioned to them was indeed at fault. That might do it.

Safe to say that unless it is something apocalyptic expensive that has failed and its an easy prove to Audi, I will just get the car sorted with Paul. If I think there is any angle to get Audi cash I will of course try that but I honestly don't want those clowns hands on the engine again, ever. At least the combination of the fake warranty yearly cost and absurdly frequent brake fluid flushes/oil changes will easily pay for an ACTUAL mechanic with some degree of pride in their work. I will be happy with that.

But don't be surprised if you see me foul mouthing every Audi/Belfast/Portadown post on Twitter once I finally get it sorted :laughing:

Might even go to the effort of handing out flyers at the door.......or get one of thon' wee megafones like the Jesusey types in town centres.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Wasn't there something similar at Belfast Audi where a customer protested outside with his Q5/7?? Can't find the pic but found this:

1690192035850.png

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
I think something draped off Samson or Goliath might fit the bill lol................imagine a giant fleg/banner hanging right over Audi Belfast customer parking with tit all they could do about it

Same for the M1 bridge at Audi Portadown.

:laughing:

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Oh sweet babayyy jesus he has the cranes in his profile pic!

H opeless

& udi

W arranty

Think that would be nice draped off old Sammy and Gollum :laughing:

Gonna have to dust off the ole' Photeyshap and create a proof of concept to use as my initial threat to &udi ;)

Last edited:

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
As a VAG tech I’m invested in all of this too! What did Paul find @jinjur?
I see cars faulting from time to time with no trouble codes stored or a totally different component causing a fault in another area…but the faulting component actually tests ok!

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Hi lads, no update as of yet...........car goes into Paul this Tuesday. Will of course drop anything that is found in here ;)

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Place your bets. I’m going for a high pressure fuel pump as I’ve done a couple in work for a similar issue with no fault codes stored. To be fair it was technical in Milton Keynes told me to replace them after I presented my findings as literally everything was testing as should.