Audi A4 Avant - 2.0TDI Black Edition

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Around the start of the year I started to keep an eye out for a replacement for the Golf R Estate which I knew was going back in June.

The Golf R was primarily used by Mrs C and for all of our family duties. The estate was great so we knew we wanted another.

Anyhow considered leasing again and weighed up several motors but based on all the requirements we wanted I kept coming back to the A4 Avant.

This 2013 2.0TDI (143BHP) Black Edition in Ibis white with only 39K popped up for sale with Colin Francis Cars around March.

It was a bit earlier than we planned as we still had 3+ months with the Golf but the car was as described and we couldn’t fault it. It’s a NI car and was supplied new by Portadown Audi with 2 previous owners.

On a separate note, as I know some dealers get a bad reputation, Colin Francis was an absolute Gentleman to deal with. He gave us a great package and I would highly recommend him. Extensive range of quality stock.

Since March I have done is the following:
  • Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating by @big_pete at PMG
  • New Audi Rings on Bootlid
  • De-Badged Rear
  • Wheel Refurb by Polished Alloys
  • New Audi Wheel Nut Caps
  • Revo Stage 1 Software by TG Performance
  • Fitted a Nextbase 512GW Dashcam
  • Fitted iPhone Cable / Adapter in Glove Box
  • Fitted Mrs C’s 2 digit plate
Next up is timing belt & water pump replacement for peace of mind but aside from the maintenance side of things just drive and enjoy!

No rear other plans for it apart from a few OEM bits if/when I get the urge.

I’ve still the Nextbase hardwire kit to fit.

Few pictures from our trip down the West Coast of Ireland during the summer.

BB968FD0-3022-4713-ABF4-BB430E100C08.jpeg

36B63F5D-27F4-4218-82E3-5A662A9681B3.jpeg

969C011C-B93A-4A99-939C-D1B49B7D22D8.jpeg

8A2B4CB3-C620-4A17-B36F-CD9F35BAA5B2.jpeg

C1A97805-471A-4D71-90CB-02E86DC41C4C.jpeg

Revo Stage 1 time ... :cool:

87744068-0B9E-4DC5-A9F8-A5EC8B959C5E.jpeg

98587FA5-2A04-4A15-99DE-DA9F82ADDF11.jpeg

Last edited:

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Love it! Our Daytona grey avant black ed is 2012 and just hit 90k.
Really nothing else ticks the box for the all round family daily with two boys under 2!

colin84

RMS Regular
Very nice, looks super clean.

How does it go with the Revo? I think they are a bit underpowered as standard.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That looks fantastic. I really should’ve got one myself :worried:.

Are you fitting the nextbase hardwire kit yourself? Ive had mine sitting for a few months to do.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Very nice, looks super clean.

How does it go with the Revo? I think they are a bit underpowered as standard.

They are indeed. This is the 143Bhp variant of the 2.0TDI. It was also available in 170Bhp.

The Revo Stage 1 brings it to approx 180Bhp / 292lbft. The power delivery is significantly different, feels a lot more responsive.

It’s not going to set your world on fire but it has ample power for the daily duties.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
That looks fantastic. I really should’ve got one myself :worried:.

Are you fitting the nextbase hardwire kit yourself? Ive had mine sitting for a few months to do.

I’m the same. I have the kit sitting there but I haven’t looked into what is involved. I must do some research. If it looks like a hassle I will leave it to someone who knows what they are at.

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Any other recommendations for these? Clutch and flywheel was down when we got it about 45k. I then had the water pump and timing belt and tensioners done last year and it’s serviced every 10k.

Il be watching this thread!

RevT

RMS Regular
Any other recommendations for these? Clutch and flywheel was down when we got it about 45k. I then had the water pump and timing belt and tensioners done last year and it’s serviced every 10k.

Clutch and flywheel needing done at 45K is nuts. I’m driving a 2003 A4 TDI here at the minute with 334K and it’s on the original clutch and flywheel.

Reactions: CR

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5

I’m getting the timing belt and water pump done next week. Mileage is only 43K but I want it done for peace of mind.

Reactions: CR
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.