Audi a4 b6 lights problems...

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I've got an audi a4 b6 model & it's developed a problem this last while the rear lights are all messed up, when I put on the indicator it makes a overly quick tic toc noise which would normally indicate a bulb is gone but when I get out & check them the indicators are slightly blinking but also the other side indicators are on! It doesn't do it all the time but this happens regularly. I put the indicator on the other day & instead of the indicator flashing the actual break light was blinking on & of like the indicator lol! Sometimes the right rear light won't work at all then you give it a bang with your fist & it's working again which would indicate a bad connection so I've took the light out numerous times cleaned & looked at plug & the pins inside & it looks OK connect it back up & it works alright for a while then it's back to fuc*ing around again, I heard another fella day he had problems with his rear lights on b6 a4 maybe it's common on them? I think the electrics are up the creek in this motor a few months ago the airbag light came on ( dosent bother me much I'll take it to a garage & let a guy with a computer clear it before mot) also the traction control light comes on intermittently, & my central locking only works when it wants too 🤦‍♂️ & it's not the battery in the key fob coz that's been renewed. Anyone else had experienced these probs with these cars? I know @RevT has had a few of these ol wagons maybe he can shed some light? Anyway I'll take it out to my Latvian mechanic who's a real handy chap see can he sort these wee niggles out.

RevT

RMS Regular
As Gambit says above, sounds much more like a bad earth to the rear lights.

Are you sure there is no charring or corrosion on any of the pins?

Mac1987

RMS Regular
OP
Mac1987
Drives
Anything
As Gambit says above, sounds much more like a bad earth to the rear lights.

Are you sure there is no charring or corrosion on any of the pins?
Yeah was thinking a bad earth. Nah the pins look all good 🤔 I'll take it to a mechanic get him to look at it, maybe get him to hook it up to a computer to see any fault codes or whatever. Need to get it done coz it's kinda dangerous me Indicating to turn right & the left indicator is also flashing ( looks like I've got my hazards on 🤦‍♂️) it could potentially confuse other road users & maybe cause an accident

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Yeah was thinking a bad earth. Nah the pins look all good 🤔 I'll take it to a mechanic get him to look at it, maybe get him to hook it up to a computer to see any fault codes or whatever. Need to get it done coz it's kinda dangerous me Indicating to turn right & the left indicator is also flashing ( looks like I've got my hazards on 🤦‍♂️) it could potentially confuse other road users & maybe cause an accident
Take to an auto electrician rather than a mechanic.

Sounds just like a bad earth, current will try to find the path of least resistance back to earth, which is through the all the other bulbs