Audi A4 B8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
The wife has a 2010 a4 s-line and it is anything but comfortable, i hate the thing, harsh ride and seats and comical pedal arrangement. It's the 143 and I'm not overly impressed with its mpg either.

We had a 170bhp Derv Black edition (Quattro). Seating position was horrendous, mpg was horrendous, pedal feel on the clutch was always ***** (despite being returned numerous times) and the wear on the seats was comical. Aside from this, it was a good looking family car....just a shame it had to be driven really.

I still can't believe I sold the RS for that Audi heap :worried:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I don't think you boys know the meaning of uncomfortable lol

Both cars looking well (y)

Nigelo

RMS Regular
We had a 170bhp Derv Black edition (Quattro). Seating position was horrendous, mpg was horrendous, pedal feel on the clutch was always ***** (despite being returned numerous times) and the wear on the seats was comical. Aside from this, it was a good looking family car....just a shame it had to be driven really.

I still can't believe I sold the RS for that Audi heap :worried:

Noted! - was thinking of selling the RS soon, for something with lower miles and a bit more practicality and a 3.0tdi a4 was on my radar, scrub that one now!

Marc

RMS Moderator
The RS would probably be more efficient too! @Marc had a 3.0TDi and I recall it was thirsty.

I was getting 33/34 MPG in a mapped 3.0TDi Quattro S-Tronic I have to say I thought it was a real comfortable car even in S-Line trim, it had plenty of usable power when needed so I was happy with the car.

I now have an M135i and getting about 27MPG from it, but its 70-80bhp up on the Audi and had a nicer engine noise :grinning:

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
2 back tyres going on her next week and they will be much wider than the current ones, front ones will be replaced with wider ones when they are done.

Also need to call into audi as I have to get a trim piece for my diffuser keeps falling off for some reason even though it clips in, unless the last one got stole. Being audi this piece costs in region of £50 for a piece of flimsy plastic

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Is it the rear valance you're after or in honeycomb infill? I've a spare valance here, couple of marks but free to a good home if picked up.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Its the honeycomb insert that im missing lad, do you have that bit?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Sorry buddy, just the s line valance without insert. Think the infill is £28 + vat, but could be wrong!

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
No problem mate, sure if you want rid of it I'll take it off your hands anyway do as a spare

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
My A5 quattro Sline is a very comfy car, drove it from Scotland to the south west of England non stop last year and got out fresh as a daisy.

I would have to admit I thought it would be better on fuel, with the quattro and stronic gearbox I average mid 30s

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.