Audi A6 2015

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
@ruairi83 is there much more you can do with vcds over the likes of Carista and obd11?

Yes bud, those to have limited functions. A lot of
Coding, adaptations etc can be done with it.

Second post is the list of things for c7 A6

Ollie

RMS Regular
Spoke to autotune. He said the egr delete on the 2.0tdi is just software. He didn't know if the egr delete would solve the slight miss I've noticed. Rough running is a common sign of egr failure going my Google.

Basically if my egr is stuck either open/ closed or half way. After he deletes the software surely it will be stuck in that position?

Last edited:

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Spoke to autotune. He said the egr delete on the 2.0tdi is just software. He didn't know if the egr delete would solve the slight miss I've noticed. Rough running is a common sign of egr failure going my Google.

Basically if my egr is stuck either open/ closed or half way. After he deletes the software surely it will be stuck in that position?

My 2015 2.0tdi a4 had the DpF and egr delete done in autotune and they out a blanking plate on it.

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
Yeah that's what any egr delete I've seen done is. Either it's all ripped out or a blank into it. No good mapping it out of its still going to draw in dirty air.

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
If you don't want to get it blanked and mapped out could be worth a try cleaning it. I don't think it would be that expensive just mapping it the egr out and a blank. Probably more expensive if your putting a performance map on

Ollie

RMS Regular
Hope he doesn't mind me posting prices but.

£180 for egr delete
£240 for a map

£280 for both together.

Wasn't going to bother with a map. Can't be bothered with the hassle of a clutch or something down the line.

Ollie

RMS Regular
20201023_144435.jpg

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
Nothing much to report other than the egr cooler being replaced under warranty after few weeks of ownership. Wife loves it, I'm still trying to warm to it though I've only drove it about 3 times.

Finally got round to giving it a good dam clean up, buff the black trim and some car pro cq lite.

Done the wheels in DLux a few weeks ago and by good it makes cleaning them so easy. I love the way the wheels are done it a matt sort of finish to make them a bit different than those with the lacquered strip up the spokes and suits the dark grey colour.

20201118_135934.jpg
20201118_165507.jpg
20201119_150444.jpg
20201119_150702.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That is absolutely delightful.

My wheels are badly kerbed but I’m not sure what finish to get them refurbished in. Those wheels do look great in the diamond cut/matt combo, but I know a refurbished finish never lasts.

Edit- just re-read your post and looked at the photos and I see they have been painted! That colour looks great, any idea what it is?

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
That is absolutely delightful.

My wheels are badly kerbed but I’m not sure what finish to get them refurbished in. Those wheels do look great in the diamond cut/matt combo, but I know a refurbished finish never lasts.

Edit- just re-read your post and looked at the photos and I see they have been painted! That colour looks great, any idea what it is?

I have no idea what colour it is to be honest but I do love it. Audi had them refurbished before I bought it
They are handy looked after now lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
It actually looks like the factory colour, but just done on the lip too.

Very tempted to go darker on mine and do Ferric grey.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
It could well be the original colour of the wheels only minus the lacquered strip down the spokes and round the lip. Whatever they are they are a perfect shade to go with the colour of the car.
I'm not a fan of lacquered/polished wheels for upkeep reasons so these have worked out perfectly.

How you finding the allroad so far @Lyons ?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Do it, mine are class when clean!

I’ve had wheels done in it before and I love them, just can’t picture it on the A6.
It could well be the original colour of the wheels only minus the lacquered strip down the spokes and round the lip. Whatever they are they are a perfect shade to go with the colour of the car.
I'm not a fan of lacquered/polished wheels for upkeep reasons so these have worked out perfectly.

How you finding the allroad so far @Lyons ?

Absolutely love it. Honestly can’t fault it.

Hoping to get a Black Friday tyre deal somewhere and then get my new wheels on.