Audi A6 Allroad Sport

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
That looks great. Don’t think I’ve seen a C7 All-Road before and now I know why. So subtle vs previous versions.

Dropping the suspension down just seems like a normal A6. Absolutely love it.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Sorry to hear about redundancy... but an A6 allroad has got to be one of the best family cars there is.

I still think fondly of my non allroad a6 3.0 that I had stolen :-( honestky dont yhink I could ever have sold it!!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Allroad mini meet with @suckindiesel this morning.

8456A1F1-B4DF-44C4-9CD4-87832646B4AB.jpeg

With regards to updates, this is the benchmark I’m afraid. My calibre of mods is of a lesser standard than turbo transplants or DIY truck fabrication! But, an update none the less! Got myself a boot liner from Matt, and also picked up a pollen filter and replacement wheel nut covers. For some reason they attract a white scum.

BCC5DDD2-0F81-46B0-B163-8E3F94A7C6DF.jpeg

4D6304BF-357C-4C7E-81C4-E28D46AA70D0.jpeg

EE9A4850-D7DD-45DD-8FD7-C4EF281FC8DC.jpeg

Will be refurbishing the wheels over winter, just need to decide on colour. But that’s for another day!

Also got my reg on, so nice to have it back.

A60E66E9-A207-4656-8C4D-F2931C0F7CBD.jpeg

I cannot express how good these are to drive. Just so comfortable with the air suspension, handles brilliantly and quick too. I’ve to go over to site in England next week and “have to” take the car to avoid getting Covid in a plane, and can’t wait for another road trip.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Lovely stuff. Do you just alternate between LZ and IIL if you've only one car?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lovely stuff. Do you just alternate between LZ and IIL if you've only one car?

No, would stick with LZ as it’s my preference. Had IIL on the Tiguan as I was intending to put LZ on the toy.

Reactions: Ben

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
Great looking car Ian and seems really nicely specced!

Who did you organise the 3 year warranty through and at what cost?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Through Agnews. Worked out at about £420 per year. I’ve had the same 1 on 3 previous cars and it’s fantastic. All work done by Audi, courtesy car etc.

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
I'll have to enquire! Seems like theirs might be better value for money in comparison to insurewithaudi.co.uk

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
It’s based on engine size, so it was the same price for my car and an A8 too. Once you go over 5 years or 50k it goes into the next band and is a bit dearer.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Through Agnews. Worked out at about £420 per year. I’ve had the same 1 on 3 previous cars and it’s fantastic. All work done by Audi, courtesy car etc.
I assume from the general comments aimed your way in most threads that you would need to be getting atleast £420 worth of warranty work coveted every year then?

Genuinely intrigued why the need for such warranties exist in what is widely regarded as the best build quality vehicles?

Also, extremely jealous of the all road.

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
For me, a paid-for warranty should be there to cover big bang moments. So if I don't have something go wrong in that year, I shouldn't really feel like it owes me anything. It's insurance only, I think. A car's reliability record is good to know about but you can't rely on that unless you have the means to pay for it if you get caught out.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I assume from the general comments aimed your way in most threads that you would need to be getting atleast £420 worth of warranty work coveted every year then?

Genuinely intrigued why the need for such warranties exist in what is widely regarded as the best build quality vehicles?

No cars are 100% reliable! It’s inevitable that something will break (especially knowing my luck), and in a car that was circa £60k new nothing is cheap to fix. IMO £420 is a small price to pay for peace of mind. I can drive it and not worry in the slightest, whereas without a warranty I would constantly be fearing what might happen and thus taking away from my enjoyment.

My first experience of the warranty was on my original TT. The warranty was £370 and I had £4K worth of repairs done on the roof. I also had a new AC compressor fitted in the A8.

For me, a paid-for warranty should be there to cover big bang moments. So if I don't have something go wrong in that year, I shouldn't really feel like it owes me anything. It's insurance only, I think. A car's reliability record is good to know about but you can't rely on that unless you have the means to pay for it if you get caught out.

This is it.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The labour prices in Audi alone are crippling before any parts. Warranty is a good shout.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
That really is very nice indeed. I'm not an allroad fan, but with everything colour coded in silver, those wheels and the facelift, its really really smart looking! Also a big fan of anything with ride comfort these days!!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I don’t mean to harp on, but it really is incredible how comfortable it is. I was over in Harrogate the last couple of days and I actually couldn’t think of anything better suited for the drive.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad

:joy: He's not just as tight as the legend suggests.