Audi A6 Allroad Sport

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yep - I've been searching UK wide for a car, and this one turned up 6 miles from my door.

This appeared locally in Crossgar recently, as been looking for one myself. Their price just seems rather high, and states 21" wheels ? They don't look like 21's though, nor would I want 21's

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
They’re 20’s.

Given current pricing and compared to what WBAC offered for mine, that’s probably the right money. Still dear enough for 64k though.

Great choice though, still love mine.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
They’re 20’s.

Given current pricing and compared to what WBAC offered for mine, that’s probably the right money. Still dear enough for 64k though.

Great choice though, still love mine.

Hard to see how £21k is a good price....basically same car, not a huge amount of miles more either ( also has towbar which I'd want ). A run to england and back would cost me less than £1k, and this lsited at 16.5
Both wheels do look good.

One think you tend to notice too where sellers put up good photos of the wheels and tyres. Cars in Northern Ireland tend to have ****ty chinese wing wangs. A lot more cars in England tend to have proper brand name tyres.

There's a nice black colour coded one in Magherafelt, but highish miles and they got rid of the OEM wheels and fitted some 20" with no doubt, wing wangs. It's the 218 model....just know I'd regret that if I did buy it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
That second white 1 has a fairly basic spec. Just depends whether price is the main driver, or you’d rather have lower miles and more extras!

You could map the 218.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Overall spec is fine, don't need gadgets. It has the different sportier seats ( although maybe the less sporty seats might suit fatties better anyway lol ), the pan roof and is the 270hp. Plus I think white looks good.

I wouldnt be a fan of these wheels, but the car overall does look good with them on it.. Not a fan of dodgy remaps, and TBH there are almost none I'd trust.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ihttps://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107064706891
1627736571344.jpeg

That’s more like it!!
Overall spec is fine, don't need gadgets. It has the different sportier seats ( although maybe the less sporty seats might suit fatties better anyway lol ), the pan roof and is the 270hp. Plus I think white looks good.

I wouldnt be a fan of these wheels, but the car overall does look good with them on it.. Not a fan of dodgy remaps, and TBH there are almost none I'd trust.

Stickers, tints and wind deflectors all make it a bit tacky looking. Not a lot of £ though.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yea, I'd seen that one too. The blue is very nice, although not sure if a private sale is the way to go, as there'd be no warranty at all.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Take a warranty out at Agnews if you want 1. Mine was about £500 per year (cheaper if you take it out over 2/3 years).

That is incredible value, if I were you I’d get it bought.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Take a warranty out at Agnews if you want 1. Mine was about £500 per year (cheaper if you take it out over 2/3 years).

That is incredible value, if I were you I’d get it bought.

Yours didn't have 80k though, makes a big difference to the price.

PMC555

RMS Regular
Drives
Sometimes
This appeared locally in Crossgar recently, as been looking for one myself. Their price just seems rather high, and states 21" wheels ? They don't look like 21's though, nor would I want 21's

Yeah saw that one come up for sale at Simon Bells place when we were away on hols - 4k more than I paid for ours + ours came with 20months Agnew gold warranty.
Ours became part of the family very quickly on our lap of the UK (NI, Ire, Wales , Eng, Scotland), 1900 miles in 2 weeks - absolutely love it now.
Really comfortable when you want, and god it can shift for a big car. Ours has 19"s , and I wouldnt want any bigger for the wife driving it - plenty of sidewall in them for parking etc.
Only notice the speed when you try and stop, we were 4 up and boot full to the roof, so prob near 2.6t - took a big shove on the brakes a few times where I was expecting to gently brush them!!! :oops:
Forgot how good Audi A6 aircon is too, and is 4 channel everyones happy. (was welcome sitting on M6 for 5 hours in 32+deg)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The factory sub wasn’t really cutting it so after 20 odd years of lusting after Audio Advice installs I finally bit the bullet and got 1 of my own. Not quite the Renault 19 calibre, but I just wanted a bit more kick without compromising on boot space.

Delighted with the result! All controlled via the MMI sub level too.

D11C2452-C921-427A-A983-8105FEEFBB61.jpeg

785FAA91-2AD3-4227-9F7E-81E38411517F.jpeg

B4F7E438-3F28-4B3A-8949-E25E3BC2BE20.jpeg

With the door up there’s a serious bit of trim vibration, so I need to do a bit of sound deadening to try and stop it and probably cut a hole in the door too.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
The factory sub wasn’t really cutting it so after 20 odd years of lusting after Audio Advice installs I finally bit the bullet and got 1 of my own. Not quite the Renault 19 calibre, but I just wanted a bit more kick without compromising on boot space.

Delighted with the result! All controlled via the MMI sub level too.

View attachment 333712

View attachment 333713

View attachment 333714

With the door up there’s a serious bit of trim vibration, so I need to do a bit of sound deadening to try and stop it and probably cut a hole in the door too.

Oh tidy! 😎
Details, what size is that sub?
Also fancy Pming me a rough price guide please.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Hard to see how £21k is a good price....basically same car, not a huge amount of miles more either ( also has towbar which I'd want ). A run to england and back would cost me less than £1k, and this lsited at 16.5
Both wheels do look good.

One think you tend to notice too where sellers put up good photos of the wheels and tyres. Cars in Northern Ireland tend to have ****ty chinese wing wangs. A lot more cars in England tend to have proper brand name tyres.

There's a nice black colour coded one in Magherafelt, but highish miles and they got rid of the OEM wheels and fitted some 20" with no doubt, wing wangs. It's the 218 model....just know I'd regret that if I did buy it.
218 model is a detuned 272. Easy sorted at Blackline.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Which one?

Crossgar, white one.

It's a nice car, biggest annoyance is no towbar as it's a main reason for wanting one. And Murphy's have quoted a whopping £1090 for the retractable towbar.

But it is nice, I like white, and it's local. I didn't have the money in time for either the blue or silver one in England. Although would really have liked the blue as it looks like a great colour.

He has a parking sensor to fix, and I've asked if he can get it MOT'd for a year ( it expires Dec ), and he's to transfer his reg off it. Seems it's his brothers car. So might get it next week or two I guess.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Crossgar, white one.

It's a nice car, biggest annoyance is no towbar as it's a main reason for wanting one. And Murphy's have quoted a whopping £1090 for the retractable towbar.

But it is nice, I like white, and it's local. I didn't have the money in time for either the blue or silver one in England. Although would really have liked the blue as it looks like a great colour.

He has a parking sensor to fix, and I've asked if he can get it MOT'd for a year ( it expires Dec ), and he's to transfer his reg off it. Seems it's his brothers car. So might get it next week or two I guess.
I bought a detachable towbar for our A6 avant and got @pobmk4to fit it. Would probably have been around half of that price all in.