Audi A6 Allroad Sport

PMC555

RMS Regular
Drives
Sometimes
Bargain.....mine are LED's, it will probably be a whole fuycking headlight

potentially plus a courier handling fee and import duties.
Its by Royal mail so worst outcome is VAT on £39.58. The ebay seller wasn't exactly open about being in US untill you delved into the smallprint.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Have you had to put a headlight bulb in yours yet? - 1 of ours failed this week, £132 for 1 bulb is the cheapest I can find anywhere!!!!! they are a Philps D5S

Mine are LED’s. No idea how that works!

Was looking great earlier this morning @Lyons . Shame we never did get that traffic light drag race 😂

Lol. That big tank of yours surprised me!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Its by Royal mail so worst outcome is VAT on £39.58. The ebay seller wasn't exactly open about being in US untill you delved into the smallprint.
International Royal mail tend to go through Parcel Force, cheapest is usually an £8 surcharge, often it's £13.50, plus the duties etc.

Sometimes stuff gets through though
Mine are LED’s. No idea how that works!

Pretty sure it's an entire headlight replacement ?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Presumably LEDs don’t dim or change colour after time like the old HIDs do or it’ll be a pair at a time if you’re fussy! The headlights in the Etron can do all kinds of mental things. I’d hate to have to replace one!!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The light technology is amazing these days. The X3 could keep the main beam on when it met other cars, and kept them in the dark as they passed.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The light technology is amazing these days. The X3 could keep the main beam on when it met other cars, and kept them in the dark as they passed.
My 7.5R done that too. Really handy if you do alot of night driving.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
My A7 does that, LED Matrix headlights I think it's called. If a headlight ever goes its getting torched lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I took a notion recently and sold the Rotors as I fancied a change. I settled on these 21’s from an SQ5, and found someone eBay selling 3 for a good price. Sadly I underestimated how hard it would be to find a 4th, so eventually had to pay a bit over the odds for 1. In the mean time I saw a photo of the 22” version on an RS6, so at least knew they looked well (contrary to what a number of folk thought in the Awesome Dub thread 😂).

Wheels refurbed by Michael a few weeks ago, and fitted as soon as I was confident the frost was gone.

Delighted with how it looks- I expect I’ll be in the minority though!

7830B9B6-EAF7-4B50-AE1E-CE5249B950D4.jpeg

F1E33ABD-8767-4DF1-9D16-ABD163A25EEC.jpeg

CA62DE7C-E7A5-4739-BCEA-96A845A10BE0.jpeg

8AA27B48-02C5-488E-A9CF-7C8E5629F7CE.jpeg

I still fancy a different front grill, but currently thinking of changing later in the year so there probably isn’t much point.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The standard 20” wheels look tiny!

Edit- same size as the last ones too.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
It looks like someone has taken wheels off an SUV and put them on a car ;)
(and I know that's what you did incase someone thinks I didn't read the post)

They do look a tad massive - maybe it's the photos - although they really do fill those arches perfectly.

I'm glad you're delighted with it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
From a driving and comfort perspective I think the 20”ers on my A6 are too big; 22 must be interesting!

20's on my Allroad...comfort is no problem at all. But they do use 255/40x20 or something, still a big tyre overall.

And wheels aside, genuine Audi roof bars are much nicer. Actually for the money, I was surprised as they were cheaper than a lot of Thule etc.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
With the air suspension it’s honestly no less comfortable than a Golf on 15” wheels.

And wheels aside, genuine Audi roof bars are much nicer. Actually for the money, I was surprised as they were cheaper than a lot of Thule etc.

I always get Thule bits cheap on eBay etc, never buy new. Are the Audi bars a single unit with the feet? If so, the bars will be narrower then and I need the full width for 4 bike racks.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
There is a little bit of overlap out the side, but the clamp is a perfect snug fit around the roof bar, far neater than I was expecting really. Bars have to go in the right position.

audi roof.jpg

Got the via TPS at a fairly good price. But this isn't bad either

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
In the photo of them fitted they don’t appear to sit any differently to mine? Anyway, I paid less than half that!