Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI S-Line Black Edition

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
So with baby number 2 due in May, we have been looking for something a bit bigger than the Ateca. I had been looking at Range Rovers but I took fear.

I had started looking at A6 Avants again and happened to notice this in Car Brothers NI. Don't see too many in black and it was the BiTDI version. Car Brothers were great to deal with too.

The wife and I went to view it on Wednesday and after a test drive, a deal was done. Noticeably quicker than my previous face-lift 3.0 TDI Quattro (272). You're sitting at 70-80 before you even realise.

It's a 2013 3.0 BiTDI Avant S-Line Black Edition (313bhp). High enough miles but it genuinely drives like a car with half the miles. Great service history with most of the last few years work being done by Belfast Service Centre.

Gave it that nervous first was today but nothing scary was revealed. Some minor scratches and swirls but those should come out with a machine polish. One of the wheels has some minor marks but I'll get them refurbished at some point. Bodywork and paint is in great shape.

Not a massive list of extras but I might retrofit some down the line. It does have electrically adjustable seats with memory function and MMI+. I done some coding this evening with OBDEleven and ordered an update for the MMI and sat nav. Front and rear dashcam is arriving on Monday. Just waiting on the V5 so I can stick my reg on too.

Its nice being back in something with a bit of power again.

20230317_165447.jpg
20230317_165541.jpg
20230317_165555.jpg
20230317_165257.jpg
316204380.1920.jpg
316204377.1920.jpg
316204378.1920.jpg
316204369.1920.jpg
316204374.1920.jpg
316204375.1920.jpg

Last edited:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I had one of these in grey a couple of years ago, fantastic engine - both for power and sound. Very easy to hit 400bhp in them with a remap. Health to drive

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Very smart… drove one for a while and loved it tempted for one of these or a 530 xdrive next

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Very nice indeed. My bitdi Allroad is the best car I have ever had. So refined and covers ground so well. Mapped to 380 bhp, not a rocket ship but certainly builds speed deceptively quickly. I’d say you will notice it more thirsty than the 272, I don’t think the 8 speed box helps, but equally it’s pretty bomb proof!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Beautiful, health to drive. I can see an A6 being on my radar in the future, such a practical car but also class looking.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Very nice, these go great and sound good for a diesel too, a great choice for a baby carrier.

Baby number 2 already, no messing about. What will that leave the age gap between your two?

CTM

RMS Regular
Drives
Various
So with baby number 2 due in May, we have been looking for something a bit bigger than the Ateca. I had been looking at Range Rovers but I took fear.

I had started looking at A6 Avants again and happened to notice this in Car Brothers NI. Don't see too many in black and it was the BiTDI version. Car Brothers were great to deal with too.

The wife and I went to view it on Wednesday and after a test drive, a deal was done. Noticeably quicker than my previous face-lift 3.0 TDI Quattro (272). You're sitting at 70-80 before you even realise.

It's a 2013 3.0 BiTDI Avant S-Line Black Edition (313bhp). High enough miles but it genuinely drives like a car with half the miles. Great service history with most of the last few years work being done by Belfast Service Centre.

Gave it that nervous first was today but nothing scary was revealed. Some minor scratches and swirls but those should come out with a machine polish. One of the wheels has some minor marks but I'll get them refurbished at some point. Bodywork and paint is in great shape.

Not a massive list of extras but I might retrofit some down the line. It does have electrically adjustable seats with memory function and MMI+. I done some coding this evening with OBDEleven and ordered an update for the MMI and sat nav. Front and rear dashcam is arriving on Monday. Just waiting on the V5 so I can stick my reg on too.

Its nice being back in something with a bit of power again.

View attachment 391369View attachment 391370View attachment 391371View attachment 391372View attachment 391373View attachment 391374View attachment 391375View attachment 391376View attachment 391377View attachment 391378
Health to drive the new car. it looks great.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Was actually going to go look at this and did in the forecourt last Sunday but was away in England for a few days from Monday. Took a brave pill and bought a Range Rover.

Therefore I can’t wish you health to drive. I hope it’s unreliable as **** 😂

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Congratulations on baby no.2 🎉

I’m sure the A6 will be more than capable 👍🏼