Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Quattro

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I started my journey to Norwich Audi at 6am yesterday and finally got home at 9am this morning. Storm Eric has a lot to answer for!

We have been looking for a good one of these for a while now but any that popped up locally were either base spec or very high miles.

I initially had been looking at the 2.0 TDI S-Line however deep down I knew that I would prefer the 3.0 Quattro. I was keeping an eye on the usual Auto Trader, UCNI and Audi approved used sites and missed out on a couple which had just sold prior to my calls. Then I spotted this car. It was the colour we wanted, had a brilliant spec list, wasn’t badly priced and came with the benefits of buying an approved used Audi (12 months warranty, breakdown cover, key cover, 2 free services, etc).

There were no pictures of the car and the dealer was unable to do a video as the car was off site in prep. I took the chance and took his word that the car was spotless and placed a deposit. I was not disappointed!

It’s a 2015 (facelift) 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line Black Edition S-Tronic. The spec list is as follows:

Technology Pack
Front centre armrest
MMI touch
Colour DIS
Navigation system - High
MMI navigation plus
Audi Connect and Audi Phonebox (wireless charging)
Heated front and rear seats
Lighting Package
Electric heated/dimming/folding mirrors
Daytona Grey
20x8.5J 5arm Rotor Allows fitted with Pirelli P-Zero tyres
3-spoke leather multifunction steering wheel with paddles
Black edition / Black Styling Pack
Piano black inlays
BOSE surround sound system
Privacy Glass
LED headlights with high beam assist
Electric opening/closing tailgate

I had a near 5 hour drive to the ferry last night and I got out feeling as fresh as a daisy. It is such a comfortable cruiser and it can shift on rightly when you want it to. It’s planted to the road with the Quattro system and I love how it looks. It’s also massive inside!

The BOSE sound system is excellent and the MMI has plenty of features to keep me occupied.

I gave it a clean today with Anachem Articulate, Ultrafoam, AD Citrus Wash and Ultragloss. There is no coating on it as yet but I plan to get a ceramic coating soon.

I find myself just looking at it and smiling. I’ve wanted one for a while and I’m glad I held out for the right car. Anyway here are some pictures from today after it was cleaned.

Only plans I have at the minute are sticking my plate on it and getting a dashcam hard wired in. I don’t think it needs much else.

5DB925E2-5B83-451F-957B-01C83F4C8E13.jpeg
F54D1F8A-C76C-4B9F-866D-087FBA1A1CC1.jpeg
CD589148-2059-4549-A2B9-585160A5CA91.jpeg
B2C407CA-664D-4955-B4B4-1FDF8C7BB2CA.jpeg
496838D1-CB12-4CB0-B62D-D1D8829DB40B.jpeg
A5842A31-9213-4C39-A749-85A30140FB4C.jpeg
ED6DBCEE-04BD-45C7-91F9-117D7D802E06.jpeg
819F7BB2-8CEE-4ACE-BBD2-6F7A08F7D7C1.jpeg
795D53DC-5436-4367-B3CA-8AC326B1ECB8.jpeg
5E87F4E8-3C52-4BAB-914D-882613C16B0B.jpeg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That is absolutely fantastic! Such a good looking wagon.

Really makes me miss the A7!

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
That is absolutely fantastic! Such a good looking wagon.

Really makes me miss the A7!
I have to admit, it’s nice being back in an Audi. The BMW interior was never really as good as it should of been IMO.

Glad I listened to you about the 3.0 :joy: Just need those reversing camera part numbers now so I can give @pobmk4 something to do :joy:

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Great spec, they always catch my eye on the road and I bet it's a joy with the 3.0
It really is, it surprised me given the size of it. The Quattro system is excellent too, I was giving it a blast this morning on the way home.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I have to admit, it’s nice being back in an Audi. The BMW interior was never really as good as it should of been IMO.

Glad I listened to you about the 3.0 :joy: Just need those reversing camera part numbers now so I can give @pobmk4 something to do :joy:

Aye the 2.0 would’ve killed you.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Lovely looking example, A6s really do tick so many boxes and do everything so well. Health to drive

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Looks fantastic. What sort of mpg are you getting out of the 3.0
Well it had an average of 44 last night over about 300 miles. Mostly A roads and motorways (70 most of the time and quite a lot of road works at 50).

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Commented on it on your insta, lovely big wagon, I’d love one myself but I’ve no need for a huge car lol

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Commented on it on your insta, lovely big wagon, I’d love one myself but I’ve no need for a huge car lol
This is my second estate and I’ve missed having one since I sold the F31. Such practical big cars.

KaraokeMidget

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx5
Get it mapped !! I had the same engine in the A4 and got a Revo map on and it changed the car so much.
I really regret selling it now :-(

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
This is my second estate and I’ve missed having one since I sold the F31. Such practical big cars.
Definitely handy having that much space Incase you ever need it, but I’ve barely anything in the boot of my F30 so a big Avant would certainly be wasted on me lol

Was there much of a saving on it compared to one over here?

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Definitely handy having that much space Incase you ever need it, but I’ve barely anything in the boot of my F30 so a big Avant would certainly be wasted on me lol

Was there much of a saving on it compared to one over here?
Was more the fact of there none being available here with a decent spec.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Fantastic looking wagon. That's some increase for a stage 1!

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Fantastic car (y)

Daytona is a stunning colour when clean. Has to be the best Grey from any manufacturer. HTD

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Cheers. I have to admit since I sold the F31 I have missed having a quick estate. This ticks that box nicely (y)

It certainly does. What’s the boot space like compared to the f31. With another on the way + a dog the boot will be fairly tight