Audi A6 C7 Lowering Springs

jonny.92

RMS Regular
Hi all,

Looking for advice on lowering springs for a 2016 a6 saloon. It is Black Edition/S-Line so is already '20mm' lower from factory. Not looking a massive drop, just about another 20mm to reduce the arch gap.

Anyone have any experience with springs in these? I don't want to go down the coilover route again. I'd looked at the H&R springs, but not sure if there will be any noticeable drop over the s-line springs?

Cheers

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I got H&R springs for my Volvo and was very happy with the drop and comfort of them, unlike the Teins I got for the MR2 which basically sit at almost standard height

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
I spoke to Mark at TSC about lowering mine about a year ago and he said he can lower it no problem but theres an issue with having to reset the computer as it creates errors that he cant over ride. There would be a constant error on the screen that he couldnt remove. I never looked any more into it after that but im sure someone somewhere would have the ability to fix it

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
I spoke to Mark at TSC about lowering mine about a year ago and he said he can lower it no problem but theres an issue with having to reset the computer as it creates errors that he cant over ride. There would be a constant error on the screen that he couldnt remove. I never looked any more into it after that but im sure someone somewhere would have the ability to fix it

Did he tell you what the error is? I haven't seen anything online about them throwing an error when lowered, although there isn't much info on lowering them anyway.

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
I didnt look any more into it at the time. It was just when i bought the car and i had great plans. I hadnt thought any more about it till i read this thread. At £160 it might be worth looking into again