Audi B8 key won't come out??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything Boring
Fairly common problem I've heard but does anybody know the cause of it?
The car starts fine, turns off etc but just won't release the key again!
The cars a 2008 A4, guy who's owns the car says he has nack for getting it out but wants it fixed.

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
OP
k20_chunky
Drives
Anything Boring
I've seen sticky key release in other Audi's over the years but usually an intermittent issue. His car seems to be a bit worse than normal.
Going by Google it seems to be a more common problem in cars with auto boxes that don't register the car is in park and won't release key.
I'm going to get a look at his today and see if maybe he's doing something wrong maybe.

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Have a q5 with gearbox issue and she doesn’t release key have to make sure she’s well pushed into park

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Guy I know was working on an A3 with this sort of thing, it was manual but turned out inside the barrel the pin that holds releases had snapped and kept the key stuck. Might be worth a look in. To keep the car from being stolen he had to disconnect the battery till it was fixed lol

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
OP
k20_chunky
Drives
Anything Boring
So turns out the ignition switch needs replaced. A new one ordered from Audi. Cheap as chips and apparently only a 40min job to replace

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.