GTI
Imagine not being able to look behind you when reversing :eyes:

Season 18 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent

Aye never really used them myself!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I purchased outright. Was worried about my pension!

Blimey. A brave decision.

They explained it terribly in any of the calls I dialled in to in fairness. I set up a ltd co which we use to funnel extra curricular activities through to top up pensions tax free where necessary / possible.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular

They explained it terribly in any of the calls I dialled in to in fairness. I set up a ltd co which we use to funnel extra curricular activities through to top up pensions tax free where necessary / possible.
This is the way. I was behind a Dacia duster today with a reversing camera funnily enough.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf

Just looked up the MG4 X Power on Fleet solutions and some good deals on that even with big mileage.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
What range is it getting? They should be about the same.

The latest Q4 gives a 330 mile range. Hoping it'll manage 220!

Just to add to this I had it its first long run yesterday to Omagh and back. Just drove it normally at normal Mway speeds with the odd squirt out round lorry’s on the crawler lanes, etc and it’s going to manage 210 miles to a charge. So Dublin airport and back from home will be possible but won’t leave a lot of slack. Round town the range is closer to 300.

Also noticing it won’t fully charge off peak, so something to think about ahead of a longer trip.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Warmer weather will help it a bit. I would say I am down 20 miles per charge at this time of year.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Yeah most of the newer EV's will not charge fully in a 7 hour window if they are very low including my MG4. Of course if you have 3 phase supply it is technically possible if the car has an 11kw onboard charger.

I think 200 miles actual is enough for most people. Went to Kerry during September and was ready to stop at the 180 -200 mile mark to go to the toilet/get something to eat even if I had been in an ICE.
Just to add to this I had it its first long run yesterday to Omagh and back. Just drove it normally at normal Mway speeds with the odd squirt out round lorry’s on the crawler lanes, etc and it’s going to manage 210 miles to a charge. So Dublin airport and back from home will be possible but won’t leave a lot of slack. Round town the range is closer to 300.

Also noticing it won’t fully charge off peak, so something to think about ahead of a longer trip.
ne

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
So BYD have just launched their saloon car/Model 3 rival in the UK and Ireland and Fully Charged have just released their review video of it. It's got a clip at the 3 min mark of BYD crashing the car not once, but twice, then removing the structural battery pack, fitting it to another car and driving off in it. Incredible!

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR

The thing new EV drivers have to get used to is not "emptying the tank" before charging again. I think most of us would have waited until the light came on before stopping at the petrol station, whereas with EV you need to get into the habit of plugging in every couple of days to top up, especially if you have an 80+kwh battery.