Audi e-tron NHS lease deal

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Consultation out at minute re. McCloud remedy on NHS scheme for those of us not protected and moved to 2015 scheme.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Consultation out at minute re. McCloud remedy on NHS scheme for those of us not protected and moved to 2015 scheme.
Judges won their case first, then we won our case in the fire service. All those protected are back in the old scheme. Plus, due about 7k each compensation 'Hurt Feelings Payment' it's been called.

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
Judges won their case first, then we won our case in the fire service. All those protected are back in the old scheme. Plus, due about 7k each compensation 'Hurt Feelings Payment' it's been called.
that's mad, my scheme DB - was closed to new entrants in 1999 then we had to move to a DC scheme in 2013 or so, with an extra 10% contribution. Bit of a sickener when you consider what it could have been - but there was a 800mill hole in the scheme which has now been addressed/plugged. Some recent retirees where stuffed by the LTA - nice problem to have.

Simply DB schemes are not affordable, but I can see people struggle in the future - catch 22. The risk is fully with the employee (market)

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
We got the Q8 this week, some subtle facelifts and touches to it, black trim, badges, nicer rims, it looks better than our first one and the range showing 280 miles. I love the colour too.

IMG_0786.jpeg
IMG_0785.jpeg
IMG_0782.jpeg
IMG_0783.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The only let down for the Etron was the range. It was useable but there was the odd time we simply couldn't use it.

I'm going to order a new Q4 Etron today, just trying to finalise a few bits and pieces. 300 mile range is a complete game changer. My requirement is Dublin airport & back on one charge. Looks like the new series of Audi EV's will manage that.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah the first etron range was poor but this Q8 is near double what we were getting so much better now.

We got lucky being offered the chance to change from the Q4 to the Q8 tbh, spec and refinement on the Q8 is better and it’s a bigger, smoother machine too.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
How Poor where the Originals?

I do mostly City Driving.. 3/4mile commutes and the odd run to Derry and Back to Visit Family.

Was Down at Agnews, they have 2 year old Etrons with Mid Teens Milege priced in the Low £30's, i thought they looked like Decent Value!

Did any of you guys have any reliability issues?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
How Poor where the Originals?

I do mostly City Driving.. 3/4mile commutes and the odd run to Derry and Back to Visit Family.

Was Down at Agnews, they have 2 year old Etrons with Mid Teens Milege priced in the Low £30's, i thought they looked like Decent Value!

Did any of you guys have any reliability issues?

It'll not do Derry and back on one charge. Aside from that it's ideal for that travel profile.

I also found it a bit big for the city. It's Cayenne sized so you're used to that but I found parking it a pain in the arse sometimes (hence the Q4 next). Lovely smooth punchy well built car. Should be loads coming onto the market now too.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
We got around 140-160 on a charge depending on the time of year and that dropped a fair bit if you have the heating on at a high temperature. No big reliability issues, had to get an SOS phone feature fixed a couple of times think it was a sensor but no idea what it cost to fix. I personally wouldn’t own one without a good warranty.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
It'll not do Derry and back on one charge.

Thats a pity - 140mile round trip didn't seem like a big ask!

I'll have to keep looking.. when did the Mileage improve?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Thats a pity - 140mile round trip didn't seem like a big ask!

I'll have to keep looking.. when did the Mileage improve?

When the naming changed to Q8 instead of just Etron I believe.

I did Derry in it once and wouldn't want to do it again. Mind you if the family had a charger then an hour top up will get you back on the road. Reliability wise ours needed one update done and that was it really. Pretty good.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
When the naming changed to Q8 instead of just Etron I believe.

Would be too Fresh for me at the Moment - busy year ahead!

But Have itchy feet to offload one of the Cayennes - think Lecky adds up for the most of our Journeys but would want 200mile min. Range.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
@Burt2000 Think we will take a spin down to Audi on Saturday to get the run down, see if we can get one for a day to see how we like it!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I don’t think you will be disappointed, they are lovely driving thing and a nice place to be for longer trips. I haven’t ever driven a cayenne though to compare.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Would be too Fresh for me at the Moment - busy year ahead!

But Have itchy feet to offload one of the Cayennes - think Lecky adds up for the most of our Journeys but would want 200mile min. Range.
Don't do it on the original etron. Real life range wouldn't be anywhere near that. iPace nowhere near that either with mixed driving.
To be honest BEVs in general rarely make any economic sense if not a company car or sal sac scheme.
My iPace goes back in a month to get replaced by one of these q8 etrons. Hope it's a better car than the Jag, I won't be sad to see it go.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Don't do it on the original etron. Real life range wouldn't be anywhere near that. iPace nowhere near that either with mixed driving.
To be honest BEVs in general rarely make any economic sense if not a company car or sal sac scheme.
My iPace goes back in a month to get replaced by one of these q8 etrons. Hope it's a better car than the Jag, I won't be sad to see it go.

Mate has a grey Q8 E-Tron due to be collected next week, they already have an iX3, be interesting to see how they get on with two EVs in the house!

They got an absolutely cracking deal with the NHS scheme, I think circa £400 pm . Some car for that money!

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
My I-Pace does 220 miles real world all the time - the only exception would be a really long motorway drive where it’s more like 180 miles if sitting at 70-75mph

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Mate has a grey Q8 E-Tron due to be collected next week, they already have an iX3, be interesting to see how they get on with two EVs in the house!

They got an absolutely cracking deal with the NHS scheme, I think circa £400 pm . Some car for that money!
I've had 2 now for 3 years and have never missed petrol or diesel once. Yeh that's what I'm getting 381pm nil down for 3 years.

Tyres insurance etc included. Would be some racket if you had an 18-23 yo offspring about you getting them on it insured for nothing.

Down side- losing 2 percent of (381 x 12) off my pension every year you have a car if I ever reach the pension age of 70 or whatever they pump it up to by then so 250 quid a year (pre tax) lost for taking this one out for 3 years... Think I'll live.

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@Burt2000 that’s v nice. Do you have two fleet cars on the scheme now or did you end the contract early on the Q4?

No buddy we were due to get a Q4 since last August! The delays were ongoing and they rang us and asked did we want to swap to a 2023 Q8 etron with the bigger 95kw battery with better range for an extra £10 a month. We jumped at the offer.

The Q4 is nice but doesn’t have the refinement and luxury of the Q8 etron just being a smaller model and less spec out of the box, I prefer the looks of the bigger beefier Q8 too.

Loving it so far, drives so nice and the wee touches over the original etron are nice, the colour is class too, a metallic grey but has a touch of army green in the sun, it’s different than the norm and looks nice with the black trim and diamond cut wheels.

Still waiting on Wilson’s to come pick up the white one, I wonder what it would make at auction.

davyk31

RMS Regular
That was some deal getting the Q8 for only a tenner more than the Q4. I like the Q4 but the 8 is definitely a step up again. Health to enjoy.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Id forgot I had bought a 3 digit plate in the DVLA sale about 1.5 years ago so we will put it in this one as we have it for 3 years.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Ordered a Q4 S Line today, arrives October I think. Hopefully no delays by then.

Id forgot I had bought a 3 digit plate in the DVLA sale about 1.5 years ago so we will put it in this one as we have it for 3 years.

They able to do that OK? Did't know you could.