Audi lock Nut

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I have lost my Locking wheel Nut and I have a puncture to change .is there any way to get a new one from Audi or would there not be a certain one for my car as I know there is lots of different ones .no point breaking it off as I still need to get the rest removed somehow .if I give my chassis number over could it be sorted from that .?? .need this sorted ASAP .

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Mel

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
My locking nut is in the side pocket of the boot rather than under the boot floor.

Sorry I can't advise on the best way to remove it

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
21mm socket and a hammer is your friend! Got any VAG lock nut I wanted off that way!

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Take a picture of the actual nut on car and borrow one off someone on here as loads have Audi’s and order the model of nut. It will be Audi f, or so lock nut on eBay for £10. Audi will get you exact one, but will charge an arm and leg

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Just off the phone from Audi.they can’t tell from chassis number and they need a photo to match as mentioned above.email them the photo and they will match it up with what’s available:total price of £51 + vat .£61 for a bloody nut lol.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Just off the phone from Audi.they can’t tell from chassis number and they need a photo to match as mentioned above.email them the photo and they will match it up with what’s available:total price of £51 + vat .£61 for a bloody nut lol.
61 quid.......... Audi RS tax is real!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Will the foam filler fix it in meantime to get you moving
Not on this occasion .tyre is about 5mm across the width with tread but on the very inner edge out of sight the tyre is through to the wire and is going down slowly .seems it’s a problem with the rs3 wearing tyres on the inner side .pain in the hole it is .

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR

Did you buy the car off an Audi dealer? If so, I'd ask them to lend you a removal key.
Mine wore down over time and wouldn't remove the nut.
I spoke to VW and they lent me a key to get the nuts off.