Audi MMI USB/AUX retrofit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
Hi Folks,

Ive recently purcashed a 2011 A6, it comes fitted standard with the MMI with SatNav unit, colour screen, control wheel (without joystick) and bluetooth for telephone. and 2 SD card slots.
Also comes with the 6 disc changer in the glove box.

THe car however doesnt come with the AMI connection in the glove box.
I miss having the ability to plug in my ipod or an AUX device, is there somebody who can retrofit something to the car to allow me to make use of this feature.

Any help would be appreciated.

Darren91

RMS Regular
It's actually pretty easy and relitively pain free on the 3G Low system and doesn't cost a lot of money.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I know :worried: You'd be surprised at the amount of B8 S4s with no MMI whatsoever !

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Oh I know, part of the reason I gave up looking for one!

You've definitely checked the glove box I assume?!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Mine has the AMI connection in the glovebox, but have no idea what it is actually for as nothing works with it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What do you mean nothing works with it? Do you have any of the Audi USB/iPhone cables?

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Bought cables and have plugged in Android, Windows, Ipads/Iphones and nothing comes up on the screen that it has been plugged in!

Darren91

RMS Regular

syecadelic

RMS Regular
OP
syecadelic
Drives
Evo IX
@syecadelic @Carson

New VW 3G Retrofit Kit AMI Audi Music Interface iPod iPhone adapter RNS850 | eBay

they even supply fitting instructions - http://www.t-era.lt/images/get4less/AMI_Audi_Music_Interface_english.pdf

it will need coded with vcds as you need to enable the engineering menu.

will do your job, the seller is trusted, i have got quite a few bits off them before.

ps the s4 looks well, seen you last night at the top of the sydenham road.

Fantastic, shall give him a pm to see if he was a USB socket instead, bit more flexible as im running a lightning connection device, tho do have the earlier model.. not too pricey either!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
You can get an Audi Lightning cable. Or use the 30 pin lead then get a GENUINE Apple 30 pin to Lightning adapter cable.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.