Audi Navigation Maps Update

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Does anyone know anything about updating the maps within an Audi, specifically a 2013 S4? I see there are various options online (including the actualy Audi website at nearly 200euro!) but there are lots of SD cards on the likes of eBay for much less, how do I know which one to go for?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Could do with mine updated too actually. I was surprised at how many roads weren’t updated even though the car is only 4 years old.

Have you checked on Audi-Sport? I haven’t even looked in to it so will be interested to hear what you find.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Could do with mine updated too actually. I was surprised at how many roads weren’t updated even though the car is only 4 years old.

Have you checked on Audi-Sport? I haven’t even looked in to it so will be interested to hear what you find.
I haven't, when it comes to anything car related I always check RMS first. Audi-sport especially hurts my eyes

brendy

RMS Regular
Think my S4 is still running original mmi high, got the dvd with the car. Wonder how much the updates change the interface too or would it soley be sat nav updates?

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Think there was a guy on the tfsi ni group on facebook that had map updates avail for Audi.

Deleted member 13907

D
I bought a DVD and SD Card off a company online - from memory was about £50 (that was for map update and firmware update) but it varies between different MMI specs.
Mine worked 100% but my GPS aerial has since stopped working (seems to be a common fault).
I'll see if I can dig out where I got mine from.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I bought a DVD and SD Card off a company online - from memory was about £50 (that was for map update and firmware update) but it varies between different MMI specs.
Mine worked 100% but my GPS aerial has since stopped working (seems to be a common fault).
I'll see if I can dig out where I got mine from.

Have you a link to the company?

Deleted member 13907

D
Have you a link to the company?

this them?

Checked back through some old emails. The company I ordered from was called NavigationUpdate - navigationupdate.co.uk - however that website doesn't seem to exist anymore. I have something in the back of my head telling me they had a couple of different website addresses that ultimately brought you to the same page, so maybe some of the others are still active.

EDIT: Looking online, people are now saying the company I used is a scam - based on reviews in August/September 2020, people placed orders and received nothing. I'm guessing they've maybe been shut down by the likes of Audi.
If buying online, make sure they include the SD Card with activation key - it's a single use code and is required for the update.
I'm sure some of the forums would probably point you in the right direction - I got a firmware update for the Skoda through the Briskoda forum, which was basically a link to some Russian FTP server - pure dodge, but it worked.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Think there was a guy on the tfsi ni group on facebook that had map updates avail for Audi.
You don't have any more information do you? I haven't had Facebook for donkeys. Mad how much stuff and services for sale you miss out on, not being on it. Would near set up a fake one just for things like that.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
You don't have any more information do you? I haven't had Facebook for donkeys. Mad how much stuff and services for sale you miss out on, not being on it. Would near set up a fake one just for things like that.

Screenshot_20201021-154604_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201021-154615_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201021-154627_Chrome.jpg