Audi Paint Warranty

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
I was washing the car last night and i noticed some lacquer peeling just below the roof rails on the passenger side. I remember reading in here some time back that Audi have a paint warranty. Does anyone know if something like this would be covered?

50438572-9F11-4538-BA44-A52752BDE454.jpeg
E3383533-B30F-48B3-91DC-07EFC655399E.jpeg
7A12973D-4FFE-4ED7-8BF4-7579071C1FE7.jpeg
DB30B883-F92D-442E-9873-46A41E58D234.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Should be. Book in with Agnew's and have them assess it.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
12 years but will require assessment for paint depth at Agnews repair centre in Boucher - go there and not Audi on Sydnam.

colin84

RMS Regular
Paint warranty is only 3 years, the corrosion/perforation warranty is 12 years, but Audi's warranty is completely worthless. In saying that though you might get lucky with good will from your dealer.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
It's quite rare to see clear coat fail that way on manufacturers paintwork, 90% of the time it is something that has been repainted. Worth pursuing but they will assess it for refinishing as part of the inspection

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Paint warranty is only 3 years, the corrosion/perforation warranty is 12 years, but Audi's warranty is completely worthless. In saying that though you might get lucky with good will from your dealer.

Yes it is only 3 years as my golf is in tomorrow for warranty work and I thought it was 5 years but told no.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Have a bit of bubbling on the front of my 2009 Passat will it be covered under warranty?
IMG_20190409_171021.jpg

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Have a bit of bubbling on the front of my 2009 Passat will it be covered under warranty?View attachment 231143
If it’s never been painted ,never been polished or never been washed then you might stand a tiny chance of getting that sorted .technically yes you should if the car is 100 % clean from previous damage

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
If it’s never been painted ,never been polished or never been washed then you might stand a tiny chance of getting that sorted .technically yes you should if the car is 100 % clean from previous damage
Probably less hassle just to pay someone local to paint front wing for £150

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
No, book in with Agnew's body shop. I've had a few cars repaired now.

Go with a clean, well presented car, FSH, no previous damage and a decent attitude and they'll do their best for you.

They submit the claim on your behalf and get the work, so are incentivised to get approval, but they're not going to waste their time.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
No, book in with Agnew's body shop. I've had a few cars repaired now.

Go with a clean, well presented car, FSH, no previous damage and a decent attitude and they'll do their best for you.

They submit the claim on your behalf and get the work, so are incentivised to get approval, but they're not going to waste their time.

Thanks will give them a ring tomorrow . Full FSH might be a problem tho

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They probably won't entertain it unless there's a FSH. Doesn't need to be dealer SH but still needs to have a fully stamped book. They send a scanned copy along with the claim.

colin84

RMS Regular
Probably less hassle just to pay someone local to paint front wing for £150

That wing will need replaced or it will be back in no time. As for warranty I have been going round in circles trying to get Audi to sort my rusty A4. They keep telling me it's a paint problem.

colin84

RMS Regular
They probably won't entertain it unless there's a FSH. Doesn't need to be dealer SH but still needs to have a fully stamped book. They send a scanned copy along with the claim.

You are probably right, but legally there is nowhere in the Audi T&C that it needs to have have FSH or regular inspections. I know it's different with other manufacturers.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You are probably right, but legally there is nowhere in the Audi T&C that it needs to have have FSH or regular inspections. I know it's different with other manufacturers.

I've no idea all I know is that they scanned the book each time and went through all the stamps. Didn't need to have paint inspections done or anything like that though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.