Audi Preciousss Updates

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The Audi has been pressed into gardening duty and ferrying visitors around over the summer, poor thing, and was in need of some love and attention.

Had Pete over to sort out a few stone chips and stuff - this is the result after him spending a Saturday afternoon with the angle grinder doing a "minor correction". Shiny :cool: If this is "minor", then I have no idea what "major" would look like :p

After that I had to spend Sunday deep cleaning the wheels to match, interior to follow. Only problem now is I will never be able to use the car again :grinning:

Pete at work:
DSC_7207.JPG

Shiny :cool::
DSC_7213.JPG

DSC_7217.JPG

DSC_7246.JPG

DSC_7248.JPG

DSC_7252.JPG

DSC_7256.JPG

Lovely garden view :grinning::
DSC_7222.JPG

Tired wheel:
DSC_7233.JPG

Tooth brush, washing up liquid, petrol, shampoo, two layers of wax, tyre restorer, and an hour of elbow grease - repeat four times, phew:
DSC_7220.JPG

My girl on tourist duties in Connemara:
DSC_6137.JPG

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I don't mind the wheels, but the rear lights are hideous! lol

Love that pic in Connemara though. Nice car!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Banish those wheels and rear lights for eternity!!!!!

Lovely motor otherwise!

Lol, one constant in the Universe, everyone has different opinions on wheels :p

Any better ideas for rear lights? The OEM ones are seriously boring...

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I must say im very disappointed in you Sven! Get the Avus wheels back on and lose those rear lights pronto :p.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I must say im very disappointed in you Sven! Get the Avus wheels back on and lose those rear lights pronto :p.

Lol, only had the OEM wheels before. These are team dynamics pro race lightweight motorsport wheels, they are there for a purpose :grinning:

Sounds like the lights will have to go :grinning: Maybe the 8P OEM lights instead, if they fit? The original 8L OEM were not nice either. Have a few other small exterior tweaks on the way, but nothing major, I want to keep the quiet look.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Thats a lovely clean S3 - good job(y)

But please get rid of those awful rear lights - if you wish to have modded VAG lights always go for the hella brand they dont look tacky dude, try fleabay

I would maybe also consider replacing the rims with older shape RS4's - they look the part on the older shape S3's

2007-audi-s3-7_460x0w.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
facelift 8L lights are a great upgrade. There was a reason you had to put those gash ones on was there not? When you moved from Sweden or something?

Some job on the paint though, Love the shot with the lotus reflected in the door!

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
black those rear lights out so you cant see whats inside them but when they light up theyll still have the shapes

new plates would freshen her up a lot

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
New plates and original rear lights FTW wheels are alright, but if they serve a lightweight purpose then they can stay!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Nice!!

Can i have your calipers? :laughing:

No :p

They are one of the reasons for light wheels :innocent:

Have given in to the fashion police on the lights though, a set of face-lift OEM lights on the way. Guess I just got used to the ones on the car, lol :grinning:

Not much to do about the plates, the law is what it is :-#

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
those wheels and lights ruin a perfect great looking s3!

good to hear the lights are being swapped, get the OEM wheels back on though

neil205

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra

can i see a pic with the avus wheels mate?if its the same wheels im thinking of then i want some, are they for sale? im getting bored of mine

Attachments

• neils s3.jpg
    neils s3.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 378

worky

RMS Regular
Drives
M135i
Saw this in AI a few weeks ago small world.

Some size of front brakes on it. Going by the discs that day they are put too good use :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
can i see a pic with the avus wheels mate?

Same car with the OEM wheels, just for you :grinning:

Sitting in the garage, newly refurbished.

Attachments

• DSC_3610.jpg
    DSC_3610.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC_3613.jpg
    DSC_3613.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 358
  • DSC_3656.jpg
    DSC_3656.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 358
  • DSC_3612.jpg
    DSC_3612.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 334

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Saw this in AI a few weeks ago small world.

Some size of front brakes on it. Going by the discs that day they are put too good use :grinning:

Yep, she was up with the nice lads in Randalstown for oil and servicing. Going back up soon, shiny new discs are on the way. They have done the job alright :grinning: