Audi Recall

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Got a letter in the post there for a recall on my A4 for an aux heater element replacement, 80C6.

Anybody been in for this at all? Seeing some widely varying times for the work to be done, from 30 mins to 6 hours.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Suppose it depends on what they break in the process of doing it.

Had a recall done on our old Navara and it had to go back 3 times afterwards because every time the got it in they broke something else ffs

RCT

RMS Regular
Got a letter in the post there for a recall on my A4 for an aux heater element replacement, 80C6.

Anybody been in for this at all? Seeing some widely varying times for the work to be done, from 30 mins to 6 hours.
The manufacture probably pays the dealer 30 mins for the job as “book time” but in reality it takes 6 hours to do. I’m not sure on Audi things, but I’ve had that over the last 20+ years with other manufacturers. They do it on a test bench/controlled environment and it’s “easy” but doesn’t account for older cars and our weather that things corrode/go rusty/break on you when the tech has to do it!

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Had a recall for airbags on an X5, they scratched trim and left some screws out... Luckily I took a full video of the interior minutes before I gave them the keys... so I could prove there was no scratches or wobbly trim before!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
My Hatchback subaru needed the passenger airbag replaced as a recall which by the book was a dashboard out job. Did not like the sound of that but luckily the tech had a technique where he could do some gymnastics to get it without removing the dash.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4

Which year range is this applicable to?